Changing one of the "backgrounds" in a CTF?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by MLRX, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010
  1. MLRX
    OP

Member MLRX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Recently I downloaded V1Gentix Color CTF Theme (http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17767) and I'm wondering how to change the backgrounds that are used when you switch the color option while using this theme.

I have CTF Tool so I tried extracting it and seeing if there was a simple way but I couldn't find anything.
    The folders that were extracted
    >01-12
    >ptf
    >vsh

and then a v1gentixcolour.ptf file.

I looked in 01-12 and found a bunch of backgrounds it seemed but they were the 480x272 that the psp takes but I tryed changing one anyway and then pressing the create button in CTF Tool but when I went to the "color background whatever thing" it was the same picture as before so that didn't work.

In the ptf folder there's
    >preview_background.dat
    >preview_icon.dat
    and imma take a shot in the dark and guess that those are for the screen when selecting a theme [​IMG]

in the vsh folder there's
    >module folder
    >resource folder

in the module folder there's
    [​IMG]

and in the resource folder there's
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what to edit but all I want to do is put in this picture
    [​IMG]
    so then some random picture of whatever color I'm on doesn't pops up first and then the background pic. Thank you so much if you can help. [​IMG]

EDIT--- I got 01-12.bmp split/merge and split the 01-12.bmp that came with it and put the image i had as 01.bmp and merged it but that just got me a white screen.