Changing MAC address on a Mii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by elektrixxx, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008
  1. elektrixxx
    OP

Newcomer elektrixxx Advanced Member

Australia
    Way back I copied my Mii from my friend's Wii to my Wii. Now I can't change my Mii because it doesn't come from my console.

From what I read, the Wii checks the MAC address attached to a Mii and only lets you change it if it matches the Wii. I read that there used to be a program on some site that let you change it, but it was removed.

HELP!

Also, my follow question will be regarding whether I can edit my Mii's MAC address without stuffing up my saves for Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, WarioWare & everything else.

2. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Exrtact the Mii's with Waninkokos app, and edit the Mii following Wiibrews Mii section.
    It has all the Mii file documentated [​IMG]

3. stevey

Newcomer stevey Member

United States
  4. elektrixxx
    OP

Newcomer elektrixxx Advanced Member

Australia
    Okay, I've tried a few things to see whether my stats could be kept.

I made a new Mii named "testmii". I finished one game of tennis with him then extracted his file. I deleted the Mii from the Wii. I changed the MAC to the same as my friend's Wii and put him back in. Wii Sports noticed the original testmii was gone.

I tried the same again, except I just slapped testmii back on without deleting the original. I was hoping it would overwrite the Mii already on there, but it just created a new one.

I don't have any problem doin' everything else, it's just that I'd really like to keep my stats 'n stuff on the Mii games after changing my Mii's MAC. Is there anything else I should try?