Hacking Changing JAP Wii to English

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been out of the scene for a while, haven't really had too much cause to be using my Wii. I found that Waninkoko had brought out a region changer, and while I know this is a ridiculously terrible thing to have ever happened and now him and the other scene people aren't friends, is it possible to use this to change the language on a Wii. I've never used any twilight hack stuff, so this would be new to me.

I think the procedure would go something like this:

Install homebrew channel, custom IOS (I'm sure I can work this out)
Use waninkoko's downgrader to downgrade from 3.2J to 3.1 or earlier.
Use the region changer to change to US region.
Use a semi-brick fix disc to update to 3.2U.

Can anyone confirm this?

My wii is modded with a fairly terrible Wiikey clone as well, is there any chance of it losing functionality if I try this (and if so, I take it this procedure is easily reversible?).

Many thanks for any help.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use downgrader 1.1, it combines region change and downgrade. go straight to 3.2U, why downgrade to 3.1 first?
no need to use the semi brick fix.
your wiikey will have to have the region set to US, do that BEFORE you change the region or it will not run the setup disk afterwards.

mwaddoups

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argh.

It looks like since my Wiikey won't update, I have no way of setting it to the target region required. Unless this can be done via the config disc alone?

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It should (haven't tested it) since it completely changes the region of your wii
wink.gif

jbloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So do I understand this correctly, one can buy a Japanese Wii, use the Region changer and and make it into NTSC-U or PAL Wii with all text being in English, is that correct?

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jbloggs said:
So do I understand this correctly, one can buy a Japanese Wii, use the Region changer and and make it into NTSC-U or PAL Wii with all text being in English, is that correct?

it seems possible, but no one know the consequence if when a new firmware out. And use it for the non-soft config chip like D2CKey required resoldering to change the region of the chip.

ponard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a really really old jap wii, didn't know what modchip it was. if try to region change to US and my disc won't work can i revert back to Jap?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yes you can

i had that problem too so i just stuck with jap firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.