Changing internal SD card from 32Gb to 64Gb. Error -4 loading Haxchi

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Aglae Pheryl, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I recently installed Hakchi (that I deliberately left so that it does not boot automatically onto it).
    I used a 32 GB SD card.
    I wanted to install a large file so decided to purchase a 64GB SD card.
    Copied all the content from the 32 GB card and it boots fine.
    It can also boot hakchiand run games afterwards.

However, when I want to launch Hakchi (holding A to boot into the menu to launch WUP installer GX2, I am getting Error -4 on the left corner of the black screen that appears.

Any idea what I should do?

Extra question: I have a few VC titles that I'd love to try (they come in folders code/content/meta) so I've been told to use a PC app (TeconMoon's VC injector). Or at least this is what I understood I should be using. Anyway, I'm not sure what to do with it from here. When I click on vWii NandTitle Launcher, a popup window comes up and asks for my installed Wii Channel's 4-letter title ID. What the heck is this? Is this supposed to be different for eachperson? Where do I find it and is this really what I need to do to install VC titles?

Thanks

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    64GB SD card formatted correctly?

3. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Well, I directly used it as is (brand new card).
    But I also tried formatting with Windows.
    I just copied the content over (from the first card to the pc then from the pc to the 64 GB card)

4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    64GB and above needs to be format before it support Nintendo consoles like the 3DS and Wii U.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you should be able to find the title id either on gamefaqs/release date or on the titles db site. there may be an app that can do this, but I'm not sure.

6. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Formatted using the console or using guiformat ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Please explain... this sound pretty much all Greek to me

7. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States

Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
  9. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Format should be the same as 3DS, FAT32, 32kb cluster and Primary Partition.

Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  10. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    What I am looking for there ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This solved my issue. I used Guiformat. I doubted this would be a format issue but I was proven wrong. Thanks so much.
    Now all that's left is this VC stuff. And then the kids will be leaving me alone for a while (before they ask the same for the NSW)...

weatMod and Hayato213 like this.
  11. sonicsleep

sonicsleep Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2009
    Glad you got it working Aglae.

One other factor for anyone coming from google in the futurez. If you have previously used the SD card to install Windows 10 or something, then it may be formated with GPT partitioning, instead of the traditional MBR.

The SD won't be detected in the Wii U (or at least, I know the homebrew channel doesn't see it!) if it is formatted GPT. A tool like "rufus" can help you format it to MBR.

weatMod, Hayato213 and Aglae Pheryl like this.
  12. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    I am still at a loss as to what to do on the following web page: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/525243-super-mario-bros/data
    Is there a newb/dumb proof guide that I could use to use the correct app (TeconMoon's VC injector?) to install the VC content onto the WiiU?

Please could anyone guide me a little bit with this?