Hacking Changing homebrew icon is pissing me off lol

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Whenevr I try millions of way to change a 32x32 bmp, png, or gif into 16-color I always fail EVEN THOUGH the settings are right. I take the image and change the mode to indexeed and change it to 16-colors. And saved as png/bmp, and open the homebrew app in dsbuff and try to re-save the nds file with the icon, it still gives me that stupid error!

"Image must be 32x32 with a palette of 16 colors"

It is 32x32 and is 16-color! lol, can somebody post a step-by-step on how to change image to be accpetable as a nds icon? Please and ty.

and btw, I tried an icon from http://gbatemp.net/t99540-custom-icons-for-akaio and it still gives me an error 0_o

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
if yer using akaio, you dont need to use romer or dsbuff, just put a 32x32 16bit bmp in the same directory as the homebrew you want it representing.

the ones in my pack you linked to work great, just make sure you have the same name for the .bmp and .nds, like so;

doom.nds
doom.bmp

and, if you want to git down on creating some of your own, i suggest using GIMP. theres some info on it, and links at the 'how to' portion of the AKAIO wiki

edit: if your set on embedding the icon romer/dsbuff style, i just saw this thread where someone is offering to add yer icon/header info to homebrew

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would I want a extra .bmp file if I can just intergrate it into the file and make my life easier? Anyway, after playing around with gimp, I was able to make my image's work so dsbuff can accpet it >_<

Thanks for the info guys

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
[sarcasm]yeah, adding that extra .bmp is pretty tricky stuff
rolleyes.gif
[/sarcasm]
anyway, glad you got it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended