Hacking Changing game language for multi-region games?

justln

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm asking for a friend.

Currently, he's using a Japanese N3DSLL with Japanese sysNAND + a9lh + luma3DS. He installed the US versions of Kirby Planet Robobot, Pokemon ORAS and they all show up as Japanese.

I know Luma3DS has the region change in the startup options where you have to change the game region 1 by one with text editing and folders. However, I seem to recall an easier method where you can change language in the home menu.

Does anyone know more about this? I tried searching but can't seem to find a solution.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AFAIK there is no home menu way to do this.
Heck the fan complimentary projects here could make a CIA app that you can go through your installed titles with, and choose a region emulation for it and that would just create a TXT for that title ID like luma expects it, inside the console without any external need.

But for now EASIEST way is to do it the "Hard" way of writing the TXT file for the games you need some magic on.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
Specifically Enable region/language emulation part

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm asking for a friend.

Currently, he's using a Japanese N3DSLL with Japanese sysNAND + a9lh + luma3DS. He installed the US versions of Kirby Planet Robobot, Pokemon ORAS and they all show up as Japanese.

I know Luma3DS has the region change in the startup options where you have to change the game region 1 by one with text editing and folders. However, I seem to recall an easier method where you can change language in the home menu.

Does anyone know more about this? I tried searching but can't seem to find a solution.
Kirby: Planet Robobot and Pokémon ORAS are region free. That means thst depending on your console region, like say Japan, it will play in Japanese. If it was played on a US System, it will play on English. In conclusion. there is no US or Japanese versions these games. Depending on the system region, it will play on that region's language. Just do the region emulation way.

justln

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I thought I read about an easy method. Guess I was mistaken, thanks for the quick replies!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte