Hacking changing cases for nintendo ds lite

barcode1999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey hey, hope im posting this in the right place!

about to change case on my trusty yet very broken ds lite (hinge has gone and power button) somewhere along the way i have lost the springs for the l + r triggers, are these springs essential?

if not i can buy a replacement case from a uk seller that would work out quite a bit cheaper! any advice is much appreciated thanks everyone.. first post i think too, even though im on these forums quite a lot!

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Welcome to the forums!

I'm not quite sure if the springs are needed, when I half changed my DS case, the springs came out and when I pressed it still made clicking noises, but it may very well be essential.

You could buy a case from DealExtreme instead, (www.dealextreme.com) their prices are quite good and has free international shipping to anywhere in the world.

barcode1999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the answer krazykirk ,
hope they're not essential but if so ill be lookin to buy the springs next
wacko.gif
, ordered a case last night at quite a bargain , always got the old ds if it goes pear shaped.
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well some (I've actually seen it on picture of one case) cases send away springs for shoulder buttons together with everything in pack..
But you'll find springs important, they push shoulder buttons away from the buttons inside the console, and make them work, if you remove springs, shoulder buttons will get loose, and you won't feel the button when you'll click it..
Changing case isn't that hard, but is exhausting, take loots of free time for that project, and be sure that you won't get interrupt..

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've never replaced a case be careful doing so, otherwise it's not too tough.

In any case though, yes you NEED the springs, it's what simulates the 'button press' of the L+R buttons.

No, most cases DON'T come with the springs, which is aggravating if you lose them, be careful next time?

There is a review (Quite new?) on most replacement shells here on the forum, they also list which items come in which packs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong