Changes NEEDED and Wanted for M3DSReal

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by BinarySoup, Mar 14, 2008.

Mar 14, 2008
  1. BinarySoup
    OP

Newcomer BinarySoup Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey all and especially the M3 team,

I know a lot of us really love our cards but there's still some important changes needed.

I thought it'd make sense if we can collate all the changes needed and wanted by us here so the M3 team can focus their energies on improving our cards without having to read hundreds of threads.

[​IMG]

So here goes:

• Get rid of the white flash upon start-up

• Let us use the sans-serif font for English users (currently only in other European languages or via a hack)

• Sort out the various bugs corrupting memory cards (inc. but not limited to card full)

• Touchscreen input often unresponsive

• "MyCard" homebrew icons disappear after scrolling down then back again

• Let us select where the homebrew folder is kept like we can with the NDS folder

• Soft reset from homebrew would be excellent

• Also excellent would be Real-Time Saves!

• Text colour in skins does not work

• The ebook reader displays fonts for Arabic and Hebrew but it doesn't show correctly (it's left-to-right instead of right-to-left)

• The ebook reader is supposed to show word .docs but doesn't seem to

• The GUI's screen saver is an excellent idea but sleeping doesn't work / isn't implemented

Hopefully I've covered most the issues I've read or experienced. If anyone else has any other suggestions or constructive criticism then please add to this post.

BinarySoup

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    All this is irrelevant because M3 Reals firmware is changing drasticly..
    It should look really nice, and it is suposed to be big improvement over the old one (the current one)!!

We need to wait and see how it will turn out, and than new suggestions can be made..

3. BinarySoup
    OP

Newcomer BinarySoup Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Really? This is the first I've heard of it. If so, then this is good news and I guess we all hope that all of these listed changes will be implemented.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Indeed, the M3 Team is currently beta-testing M3Sakura. Most of the features you name will be supported.

The menu is far from complete at the moment; it can't even launch roms. However, it shows that the new menu will be very good!

About Soft Resetting from homebrew: the homebrew developers need to add support for this. If they'll make an option to launch another NDS-file it's possible to load the M3 Real dump, which soft resets the M3 Real. This already works with Rudolph's Tools and DSOrganize, as well as some others.

5. trilidar

Newcomer trilidar Newbie

United States
    I'd also like to see it read the headers on ROMs, like basically every other card on the market (incl, strangely enough the M3 Simply).

tril

6. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

I hope they add most of the features that are in the current firmware as well as graphical and other improvements / fixes