Changed screens and ds lite won't turn on

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by MklStar, Sep 27, 2011.

Sep 27, 2011
  1. MklStar
    OP

Newcomer MklStar Newbie

Australia
    Well as the title says, my ds lite bottom LCD screen had broke or something wrong with the colour had occurred like in my previous post.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=308...p;#entry3885683

Now, I just received my new LCD screen that I bought and fixed it all up.
    Problem, it turned on for like a second with the Nintendo welcoming screen and on the bottom screen saying something about changing the information, the screen was at the normal colour. Then after a second, the ds just turned off and won't turn back on. I've also tried using my old ds LCD screen and it still won't turn off. Its not the battery problem because I even tried charging and turning it on but nothing happened.
    Charging works though so yea... I'm not sure whats wrong with my ds.

Any help anyone? it would be muchly appreciated.

2. bialy_gibson

Member bialy_gibson GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Apart from physical damage also static discharge can affect electronical devices. Did You turn on the console without shell? You could have touched two tracks on integrated circuit or something. Try leaving it for some time without battery, so the capacitors will loose voltage. I can't think of any other solution.

3. MklStar
    OP

Newcomer MklStar Newbie

Australia
    oh i guess I'll try that, and nope I didnt turn on the ds without the shell on, not sure how you would even do that :wtf:

4. iggloovortex

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    simple fix, you didnt push the ribbon cables in all the way. also make sure the touchscreen is in fully. it goes over the top of the motherboard

5. MklStar
    OP

Newcomer MklStar Newbie

Australia
    checked that already, checked it 4 times and all the ribbon cables are in all the way.
    i think its the fuse but yea... iono because people are saying if it is the fuse problem then it wouldn't be able to charge for long periods of time.

6. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Maybe the cables are damaged in some way you can't see?

7. pokechar

Newcomer pokechar Member

Mexico
    Make sure the flat cable is correctly connected to the motherboard, all the way in. That happened to me the first time I opened my DS Lite.

EDIT: Ups, didn't read. Well it may be that the cables are somewhat damaged, even a tiny scratch may cause you problems (but the DS should turn on anyways, hmm...).