Hacking Changed region, games won't load from cartridge

qngelr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed homebrew and changed the region from Japan to US for a customer using the latest guides, I was including in her order the Japanese version of Animal Crossing HHD, but it won't load when I try launching the game. Can games only be played when installed as .cias once the region is changed? Can cartridges from the newly installed region run? here are the errors I get on both the console I'm selling as well as testing it on my personal one which underwent the same region change. I used PicHaxx to hack my console (New 3DS XL - yellow), and Banner Bomb for the console I'm selling (Old 3DS XL - white).

E9K_9J5WQAUOFJM.jpg E9K_9J5X0AcDHwS.jpg

Last edited by qngelr,

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Luma Locale Switcher homebrew app and set it up to JP to run the JP game, and enable "game patching" on Luma when you press"select" on boot.
Also, import seed for your game with FBI (with WIFI on) if the game had any.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: qngelr

qngelr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Luma Locale Switcher homebrew app and set it up to JP to run the JP game, and enable "game patching" on Luma when you press"select" on boot.
Also, import seed for your game with FBI (with WIFI on) if the game had any.

Yeah, I already had game patching enabled, i didn't think to use Luma Locale switcher for a cartridge - and it worked. thank you!

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already had game patching enabled, i didn't think to use Luma Locale switcher for a cartridge - and it worked. thank you!
Not sure if it should be enabled every time you want to play the game, when you boot the 3DS.

qngelr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it should be enabled every time you want to play the game, when you boot the 3DS.
i have it enabled in case my customer wants to install mods for her games, I also do it on my personal console for the same reason. it doesn't seem to do any harm having it on by default. i also figured for the locale switcher to work I needed game patches enabled - is that not the case?

CoolMe

.. Days'd & con'fused ..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it enabled in case my customer wants to install mods for her games, I also do it on my personal console for the same reason. it doesn't seem to do any harm having it on by default. i also figured for the locale switcher to work I needed game patches enabled - is that not the case?
Yes, but what i meant was, if you have to open the "Luma Locale Switcher" and set it up after every boot of the 3ds, if you wanted to play the region changed game. I remember it being this way, but i am not sure.

qngelr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but what i meant was, if you have to open the "Luma Locale Switcher" and set it up after every boot of the 3ds, if you wanted to play the region changed game. I remember it being this way, but i am not sure.
so the game was Japanese region, and in Luma Locale it was set to system default - which had been changed from Japan to US. So the game was seen as US region instead of Japan which caused the error. So far for my personal console, i only had to set the region for specific games once, not for each time i ran the games. my main console has maybe 60GB of US region games installed, and after the region change ran fine without needing Luma Locale to correct them

Last edited by qngelr,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xzi @ Xzi: minus the spaces of course