Changed from USA N3DS to JAP, Launching Gateway Roms, No Save Files?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pecrow, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Hi,

I have a New 3DS USA version and JAP version both on 9.2 FW and using gateway.

Originally I used the USA 3ds and all of my roms are 3ds and now I have configured the JAP 3ds (was waiting for the browser exploit) and got everything configured on the JAP 3ds, but when I go and launch a ROM on emunand (Fantasy Life USA) it says that there are no save files.

Is this because of :

1. I installed the DLC (USA) on the JAP emunand?
    2. USA Roms detect JAP emunand and create a new Save File?

If I stick the gateway card back on the USA n3ds the rom has the save files, but under the JAP they are empty.

Any Ideas?

===Edit===

I got it to work, used SAVeFL to export it on the USA 3ds and then re-import it back via SAVeFL on the JAP 3ds, seems to be working now, .. hmm I wonder if I will have to do this for all of my roms?!

Last edited by Pecrow, Sep 25, 2015
  2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    I might be missing something in your post, but are you aware that the save files that Gateway produces for most games (CARD1 type) are stored on the SD card that is inserted to your console, not the Gateway SD where you store your ROMs?
    You should be able to happily transfer saves between consoles by simply copy-pasting them from one SD card to the other.

Depending on the game, you might have to export and import ExtData from one console to the other to transfer your full save but in general copying the *.sav should be sufficient.

Last edited by _eyCaRambA_, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Originally I had already transferred all of the .sav files, but still did encounter this issue.

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Yup.

Pecrow likes this.
  5. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Seems to be working fine now issue appears to hit only a few games, also USA DLC and Game updates also work fine for US Roms on JAP Emunand, by the way, after switching from an XL down to a normal size n3ds I am in love with the small one, screen w/ higher ppi looks amazing.