Monty1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi All,

Sorry a bit of a n00b to the scene. So not sure if this has been answered and/or is even possible.

But I live in Japan and bought a WiiU here before researching the region lock (I know stupid right). Anyway, I have installed Haxchii and Mocha (redNAND) on etc and even though is all in Japanese all works well. It is an 8GB running 5.5.2J.

I install WiiU games onto a USB hard drive and run them from the system menu.

My issue is that obviously I would like to play games in English. So I have edited the sys_prod.xml document from 1 to 119 to make it region free which enables me to install US and PAL games with no issues etc. However, the WiiU obviously still has Japanese firmware installed.

So when I load the US/PAL games they mostly still launch in Japaneses. (as of yet the only ones that run and load in English are Zelda BoTW, Zelda WWHD and Mario Tennis) The other games I have to run Spiiq to get to run in English and then others will just crash.

This got me thinking. If a US/PAL games are force run in Japanese due to the wiiU having Japanese firmware then it means that all (or most) wiiU games will contain multi language files (i.e In this case a Japanese language file).

So I was wondering if there is a way to access the game files on the external HD (using ftpiiu everywhere maybe) then it could be possible to make a copy of the English language file, rename it to the Japanese language file and then replace it with the original Japanese one?

So my questions are:
1) Does anyone know if this would work?
2) Does anyone know how to access a games language files (locations etc)
3) Does anyone know how to solve this issue as I am literally on the verge of buying a PAL WiiU on ebay.co.uk and trying to get it shipped to Japan (obviously a cost and effort I don't want if I can get my Japanese one loading US/PAL games in English without having to run Spiiq or them crashing etc)

Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: Wolf_09

Wolf_09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I'd appreciate if someone could help since I've been trying to work around this for about a month.
Thing is that I live in México (NA region console), and have my system language set up to English so all games audio and text show up in English and that's perfect; however I need the Wii Fit U game to be in spanish (for my mom, it's the only game she plays ´:3), and I don't want to change the system's language every-time I have to play it, since it takes +5 minutes each time...
I use Cdecrypt to extract the game files and NUSPacker to repack the files. I've tried modifying the gameConfig.ini file with no success (maybe I'm not doing it right?) and renaming the folders under the /content/samu/ directory but I don't think that's what defines the game's audio...

Strange thing is also that the game languages are English, German, French, Italian, Japanese and Spanish (as can be seen under the "samu" folder). however, when I go inside the COM FU SU or US folder inside the audio folder I can't find any specific language files :'(
I've heard that the game "reads" the system's language and region to decide which language files to load... but I'm lost in that matter as well, If another person has experience messing around with the game language files help will be very much appreciated ´:3 thanks.
EDIT: this is my first comment. maybe I should have made a new separate post from this one? i don't know .-.
Screenshot (57).png Screenshot (49).png Screenshot (51).png

Last edited by Wolf_09,

sniibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi,
any one using japan version wii u here?
Hi, well, this is a too late answer, but this tread help me a lot. I have a Japanese Wii u that i bought in my last trip to japan. I use Spiik without any problems, so i can play a lot of games in Spanish and English.

Obviusly, you have to notice the region of the game. The region have to match with the Spiik configuration.

SaUzEr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Hi all,

Just received an JAP WiuU bought on ebay in perfect condition.
I didn't know that the JAP version has only JAP system language.

Will look at the links you posted and hopefully will be able to use it.

Cheers
X4ce

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father