Status
Not open for further replies.

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hi guys, i was wondering, if you guys could tell me how to change the logo of a game (showing up first when we get to game), and thank you.

btw the Rom is for captain tsubasa.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://filetrip.net/f222-RomeR-2-1-Beta.html is the easiest way. For commercial roms (romer does homebrew too) Rominator works.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45360 if you fancy going manual (crystaltile2 has a few things that make it easier)
If you do go manual for whatever reason you will probably have to redo the header signing, there was a thread on that the other week (someone wanted to change the internal name) but you will have to look for that (I replied in it if you fancy going back through my posts).

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
well i don't think you got me myfriend, i wanna change the logo of Captain Tsubasa, not the mini image, the big Image in Game. thank you.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest using DSBuff to edit the header info over RomeR since I had RomeR corrupt a game on me (RomeR crashed while editing the info and I couldn't fix it).

Additionally DSBuff does a bunch of other stuff, like unpacking the game so you can get to the individual files. You'll need to do this (then find and decompress the file) to edit the logo screen. You'll possibly end up using TileMolester to edit (or to export the image, edit and then import it back).
I'm pretty sure that this will vary game to game so there are no universal instructions.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omarrrio said:
thank you, well, i was wondering, what are the Image extensions plz ??
They aren't.
Not what you seem to be expecting anyway.

Here's the "Game Over" graphic from LodeRunner:
LodeRunner_GameOver-unfixed.png

To get it in a usable condition, I have to do a few things after opening the file:
1). View -> Codec -> 4bpp linear, reverse order
2). Image -> Canvas Size -> 8 Columns
3). Select the proper palette (I'm using a somewhat generic one)
4). Tile Forward to line up the image tiles (3 times)
5). Byte Forward to clean up the image (8 times)
And then I end up with this:
LodeRunner_GameOver.png

This is easy since none of the files I'm dealing with are compressed and can be viewed simply by using the correct settings.

If I need to edit the image I can either use TileMolester directly, or select a group of tiles and choose Edit -> Copy To... to export it as a PNG file. If you edit the image, you have to be careful to use colors that already exist in the image (or are a VERY close match) since they'll change to what is available when you put them back in with TileMolester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs