Hacking change the iso, not change the loader....?

kanoeyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a question for coders...
To read the gamecube games will instead of trying to change the loader, if try to modify the iso any way, would not be able to read these games (?), like as we do with the need for speed undercouver (and others).

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator Said the only thing keeping Gamecube games from running is that the dvd read commands for gamecube aren't correct. He has hacked the MIOS completely and that is not what is stopping GC backup from running. Until we come up with a way to translate the read commands used by GC disc to match what we use for wii backups we won't be able to have a GC backup loader. I keep hoping ppc_gba will show up and give us an update of how far he got with this, and if hes still even working on it. Also Linkinworm stated that the new multigame loader waninkoko is working on isn't CURRENTLY compatible with GC backups without a chip.... which leads me to believe wanin is working on this as we speak.

kanoeyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
WiiGator Said the only thing keeping Gamecube games from running is that the dvd read commands for gamecube aren't correct. He has hacked the MIOS completely and that is not what is stopping GC backup from running. Until we come up with a way to translate the read commands used by GC disc to match what we use for wii backups we won't be able to have a GC backup loader. I keep hoping ppc_gba will show up and give us an update of how far he got with this, and if hes still even working on it. Also Linkinworm stated that the new multigame loader waninkoko is working on isn't CURRENTLY compatible with GC backups without a chip.... which leads me to believe wanin is working on this as we speak.
but what do you think, is this impossible?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes because it has nothing to do with the iso at the moment. all the patching of those games does if force the use of the custom ios. Once we can play GC backups via softmod we may have to patch to a version of MIOS but i doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night