Change "Sending Report...." to "Report Sent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you send a PM, it said "Message Sent", but when you send a report, it says "Sending Report...." like it hasn't sent yet, even though it has.
It really should be changed to match the PM's, and say "Report Sent" to be less confusing. Some people might not think it actually ever sent the report, as the only message you get is "Sending Report....", which might cause them to send another because they don't relize it actually did send.

EDIT: Tried to fix my grammar.... it's hard to properly word what I'm trying to say in the last sentence.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you send a PM, it said "Message Sent.", but when you send a report, it says "Sending Report...." like it hasn't sent yet, even though it has.
It really should be changed to match the PM's, and say "Report Sent." to be less confusing. Some people might not think it actually ever sent the report, as the only message you get is the "Sending Report...." one, and they might send another because they don't relize it actually did send.

Weird it usually says "Report Sent". I sent a report just now, to take a screenie and it didn't show up. I agree however with this idea.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you send a PM, it said "Message Sent.", but when you send a report, it says "Sending Report...." like it hasn't sent yet, even though it has.
It really should be changed to match the PM's, and say "Report Sent." to be less confusing. Some people might not think it actually ever sent the report, as the only message you get is the "Sending Report...." one, and they might send another because they don't relize it actually did send.

Weird it usually says "Report Sent". I sent a report just now, to take a screenie and it didn't show up. I agree however with this idea.

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say, I edited it to be better grammar after you quoted that.
But I never once have seen "Report Sent", it's always been "Sending Report...." for me, despite PM's always say "Message Sent".

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The staff disabled your report functionality ages ago.

But not Devins.

Devins reports are valued by us.

I really hope you're not being serious..... I have to admit, I can't really tell. I'm extremely dead to sarcasm today.

Plus, it's said it ever since GBATemp went to V3, so I kinda doubt it's true, also considering the things I report usually conincidentally get rectified shortly after I report them.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Is this...Is this a serious post?

Mine, yes. Can you please elaborate on why you don't think it is?
It's just with such a minor inconvenience (If you can even consider it that) as that, and well, your reputation, it just seems way too trollish/attention-seeking.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure... maybe you spamed the report sent too much i'm just guessing and i learned that the hard way... never post what you are saying like OMFG i'm going report for post ROMS!! YAY!! MUDKIPZ!! and it was for post count too cause i'm a jerk and it hurts...

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this...Is this a serious post?

Mine, yes. Can you please elaborate on why you don't think it is?
It's just with such a minor inconvenience (If you can even consider it that) as that, and well, your reputation, it just seems way too trollish/attention-seeking.

Outside of the EoF I do not troll, I do not attention seek, and I do post serious posts. EoF is the only place where my reputation is like that, and if that's the only place you've seen me, I understand your viewpoint. That's just my EoF side though, which is really not a high point of mine today.

Also, as you said, it's a minor problem, but it's still a problem. It can cause people to double send reports, thinking that the first one never sent due to the fact there was no real confirmation.
Yes, minor, but that also means "Easily fixable".

@DJ - I don't say when I report posts, and I only report things that violate the GBATemp rules, or sometimes my own topics when I realize I drastically misworded the title (IE I said "does" instead of "doesn't", very different meanings). I'm pretty sure p1ngpong was just being his usual ass to me self when he said that. It's annoying enough in EoF, but when p1ng says stuff that like outside of EoF, in a real topic I made, with literally nothing else to say, it just.... makes me hate some of the members here so much.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. i must of misread that wrong. but yeah maybe we need a mod's different output on this...

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beg you don't cry.

This isn't EoF.
Just fucking stop trolling me outside the EoF, especially in posts I'm being serious in, seriously.

EDIT: This post was formerlly DELETED by p1ngpong. Apparently someone recovered it.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, this isn't EoF. Though to many that is their domain, try to at least act like you have a ounce of seriousness. (Yeah this coming from me. I know.) Though a small issue, it is a issue nonetheless. I myself have experienced this, when the site got updated I sent a Report, and it just said sending. I sent another reply, and got the same thing. I eventually gave up. (Thereafter, I started getting Report Sent so I haven't bother with it since. So lets wait for Costello, or someone who can edit or inform us of what can be done. Rather than bickering. Sound okay?

Reactions: 4 people

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin's got a good point and i was reading in the shout box that Xuphor got out of the hospital. so maybe that's why she's overreacting.

edit: LOL i had that in bold that's my bad i'm really not getting Jiggy with it today...

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding me p1ng? You deleted my post which just said "stop trolling me ousdie the EoF", for "attacking a staff", but didn't delete you CLEARLY trolling post to me that says "I beg you, don't cry"?

REALLY?

EDIT: Someone undeleted the post that p1ngpong deleted for "attacking a staff member" on page 1.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we let this issue go it will be fixed like a dog in heat soon enough... (hope i'm not seeing mod abuse) i don't think this is a big issue i never noticed it.but then again i was not on has much has i use to be...

edit:also our lord and savior of GBATEMP Is watching us so be on you guard and play good guy or good girl.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace is right, I see Costello is reading this.

My point has been made with the Report problem, this is turning into nothing more than p1ng pulling his shit on me outside of the EoF again.

Close this, I'm so damn sick of p1ng doing this crap unhindered. Yes, this is attacking a staff member, but he REGUARLY attacks me more than I attack him. I'm talking outside of the EoF, this thread is a PRIME example. I'm truly sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1