Change RxTools to Luma3DS (i know it's usual, but hear me out)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by frankiekool, Oct 2, 2016.

1. frankiekool
    OP

frankiekool Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2013
    Mexico
    So, i haven't touched my 3ds in months, last time i used it it was for installing Yokai watch, and i'm using RxTools

The thing is, the SysNAND (it's the original software right?) it's on 4.5.0 10, and every tutorial i see to change to Luma it's from 9.don't know what, and i don't know what to do :v

Do i just follow the RxTools to Luma3DS tutorials? or do i have to do something else?

Sorry guys, i just lost track of the community and now i don't understand anything lol

2. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Following this guide on your sysNAND: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    You will end up in the same 4.5.0 10FW on the end of step 2 instead of 9.2.0.
    And you can continue the guide without worry anything except you want to continue use emuNAND or merge emuNAND to sysNAND.

3. frankiekool
    OP

frankiekool Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2013
    Mexico
    So, the chart on part 1, it says something about a 0 to know if it it has browser or not, do i check that on the SysNAND?, i mean should i choose the software that the sysNAND has right?

Edit: Need to get this right, 4.5.0−10U doesn't have the browser?

Last edited by frankiekool, Oct 3, 2016
  4. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Yes, everything this guide told you is for sysNAND, not emuNAND created by RxTools.
    And according to those page, 4.5.0−10U have web browser.
    The browser is exist since FW 2.1.0.

5. TheDuckMan64

TheDuckMan64 Chicken nugget.

Oct 9, 2015
    Yep, the 10 in 4.5.0-10U specifies that you have a browser which is currently on v10. You can start from this section (Part 2), and work your way onwards.