Hacking Change resolution of DS VC loadiine games?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I heard that you can change the resolution of loadiine ds games by editing a text file. How do i do that. I wanna make my games 1080p

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First your game has to be extracted (loadiine format) Then you find the config.json or something text file and find the information with the internal resolution render, then you edit it to something else. (It should normally say 1 just change it to 2) At least that is internal resolution render. If you mean like alter the size of the screen to make it bigger or wider, i haven't found that info yet. But i guess it would look like a common resolution scale ????X???? or whatever.

*Goes and find post about it*

http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-to-w...n-about-virtual-consoles.465095/#post-7188480

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First your game has to be extracted (loadiine format) Then you find the config.json or something text file and find the information with the internal resolution render, then you edit it to something else. (It should normally say 1 just change it to 2) At least that is internal resolution render. If you mean like alter the size of the screen to make it bigger or wider, i haven't found that info yet. But i guess it would look like a common resolution scale ????X???? or whatever.

*Goes and find post about it*

http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-to-w...n-about-virtual-consoles.465095/#post-7188480

I Open configuration_cafe.json and change
"RenderScale": 1 to "RenderScale": 4
and "Bilinear": 0 to "Bilinear": 1
Prz0MLi.png

But nothing change in the game D:

I used the Zelda Phantom Hourglass, I just wanted to change the ROM to put one with the Portuguese translation patch, but I remembered the resolution and wanted to try

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-18_20-45-13.png
    upload_2018-7-18_20-45-13.png
    37 KB · Views: 279

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Open configuration_cafe.json and change
"RenderScale": 1 to "RenderScale": 4
and "Bilinear": 0 to "Bilinear": 1
Those options doesn't make the game screen bigger, the render scale is a internal upscaler option to improve visual quality, and the bilinear is a pixel blending method to make the pixels less sharp or jagged and more blended or blur to be softer.

If you read the link I posted in the quote you posted of mine, you would known that.

One thing you can do right now is inject your own ROMs into Virtual Console titles. This is especially easy for DS titles which are simply a zip file containing the ROM you want to run. Getting Final Fantasy IV up and running was a doddle, and you can even force a higher internal resolution which is not an option Nintendo normally give us access to. Check out the difference in these shots!
Higher internal resolution does not enlarge the game screen on the display.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Those options doesn't make the game screen bigger, the render scale is a internal upscaler option to improve visual quality, and the bilinear is a pixel blending method to make the pixels less sharp or jagged and more blended or blur to be softer.

If you read the link I posted in the quote you posted of mine, you would known that.

Higher internal resolution does not enlarge the game screen on the display.

But that's exactly what I want, I do not want to leave the screen bigger, I want to increase the resolution of the game

The DS games are very horrible on TV ... I did this' trick '' but the game continues exactly the same without any changes (besides the translation that is now in Portuguese)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.