Hacking Change region to play region b blueray?

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes it seems to be possible

QUOTE said:
Have you ever wanted to watch a Blu-Ray movie that wasn't from your respective region? Well a dev by the name of KureKure has found a way to bypass the Blu-Ray movie region restrictions. He has created three different patches for the LV2 Patcher app, which allow you to select either region A, B, or C.

ever since the first ps3 jb was out i was hoping for a region patcher so i can watch all the blu ray discs i own no matter if region a/b/c and nobody ever knew how...

after lotsa research and checking around i present to you 3 patch*.txt files for lv2 patcher!

just copy the files into: /dev_hdd0/game/LV2000000/USRDIR

and the next time you start lv2 patcher you will have 3 new patches to choose from (region a/b/c)

once you patch you don't have to restart your ps3, it works right away! if you restart your ps3 the bd region is set to standard again

tested & working for me on pal cechcxx machine with 3.55cfw (rebug & kmeaw) using kmeaw's lv2 patcher v9!

this only works for blu ray and nothing else, for dvd the old xregistry trick applies...

i didn't code anything, just collected and tested, sources for this can be found here:
http://xxx.multiupload.com/ABFOS0KG09

thanks a million times to everyone involved, this now makes the ps3 the best bd player for that prize range!
Source:
http://xxx.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...tml#post374687

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is the original post :
http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-guides-t...ive-119260.html
Your links are wrong with xxx instead of www, so it didn't keep the URL correctly when posting here.

Note :
It should be for cfw 3.55 Kmeaw and Wutangrza only, because you need to patch lv2 manually.
It may not work with dongle and other cfw because they already have a Lv2 paylod in memory, though I didn't try because I don't have any bluray to do the test myself on 3.41
If someone is using Waninkoko cfw or ofw+dongle, let us know the result
smile.gif

Blu-Ray Region Patcher, by KureKure

1. Download the patches from here.

2. Place the 3 .txt files in : /dev_hdd0/game/LV2000000/USRDIR

3. If not install yet, extract Lv2-v9.pkg from the lv2 Patcher archive (available inside the Blu-ray Region Changer archive) and install it on your PS3.

4. Run Lv2 patcher and select one of the 3 new patches according to your Blu-ray region code you want to read:
A - Orange, B - Green, C - Violet

blurayq.png

The patches are applied to Lv2 temporarily, it will go back to your original region after a reboot.

Z

Zorua

Hmm weird.
I've never done this so I'll have to test it out myself.
I'll see if I can detect your problem.

trunksu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read that certain bluray have locked region. unfortunately i only have 1 region b bluray that i can test with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey