Hacking Change region if i have a modchip?

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello.
I have a modchiped Wii.Unfortunately my modchip can't run ntsc games (i have a pal wii version 4.3e) and I want to play Pokepark 2 Wonders Beyond (new game,released on USA in 27th February) really bad :(.I searched on the internet but I only found how to do it if my Wii is softmoded.
Is there a way to play the ntsc game on my chip moded pal wii and work for the newest games?
Please help!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have a crappy modchip if you can't run region free games on 3.4 with it. The vast majority of modchips can bypass region protections up to 4.2 or something like that. It's only higher than that that you need software to load out of region games.

And you definitely don't want to change region, that'll achieve nothing. You can just install Homebrew Channel and then use something like TinyLoad or Gecko OS to load your out of region games, or else install Priiloader and use the region free hacks in it. (Not sure if they work on 3.4, upgrade to at least 4.1 if you want to use that method)

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You have a crappy modchip if you can't run region free games on 3.4 with it. The vast majority of modchips can bypass region protections up to 4.2 or something like that. It's only higher than that that you need software to load out of region games.

And you definitely don't want to change region, that'll achieve nothing. You can just install Homebrew Channel and then use something like TinyLoad or Gecko OS to load your out of region games, or else install Priiloader and use the region free hacks in it. (Not sure if they work on 3.4, upgrade to at least 4.1 if you want to use that method)
Oh i made a mistake and writed 3.4e instead of 4.3e xD.So,it will work to play ntsc games with 4.3e?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use TInyLoad/Gecko OS or you could install Priiloader. Priiloader is a bigger risk but it will make out of region discs work from System Menu, rather than having to load a homebrew each time you want to run an out of region disc.

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
if you are on 4.3e most probaly it disabled your region free ability if you had any, just softmod your Wii using modmii and downgrade at least to 4.1e and see if that works.
if it still wont work just do as SifJar said and install priiloader and enable region free hack, also make sure you enable block disc update or else if you update from an NTSC disc you will brick

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok thanks you guys but i never hacked or instaled custom software on my wii -.-.Who can give me some links with good tutorials to install homebrew chanel,tinyload and downgrade my version if necesary.And if you can tell me the safe way because i don't want to get bricked :(.

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
you just need modmii it will tell you what to do, check the stickied guides in this forum

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In the end OP, either downgrade to 4.1 or install priilaoder and get the reion free hacks, your call. Or you could buy an external hard drive and play games using a usb laoder.

BogdanPanduru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
First: I am confused.I think the safest way is to wait until the game is released for PAL -.-.I saw diffrent methods of install and i think i better don't risk.
Thanks anyway!
Second:Is too hard for me to install these things.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't ever ever ever downgrade your Wii. Anyone who advises such a move is an idiot. Downgrading is NEVER worth it.
lol maybe you are the idiot here, if I was giving a bad advice then why its the same as it is in modmii ?
if you dont know what your talking about then shut up your mouth
downgrading just the system menu is safe as long you install its corresponding IOS and is not stubbed, modmii does that
No, I am not an idiot. I clearly know a lot more about the Wii than you do. And I know for a fact that XFlak does not ever recommend downgrading. (He's the author of ModMii). I don't use ModMii because I have a bit of common sense so I can do things myself, and 99% of the stuff ModMii does is useless to me (not meant as any sort of insult to ModMii or XFlak, it just isn't something I have need of), so I don't know what it does or does not advise, but downgrading is bad advice. But your suggestion of "if you dont [that should be "don't"] know what your [that should be "you're"] talking about then shut up your mouth ["shut up" or "shut your mouth" - make your mind up]" is good advice - I advise you follow it yourself.

EDIT: And just because something is "safe" doesn't mean it is good.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Use neogamma, Im pretty sure it has a regionfree setting. SM 4.2+ are region locked, 4.1 and below is region free (or maybe 4.1 is also region locked, i dont remember).

Downgrading from 4.3 to 4.1 isnt a bad advice. Downgrading below 4.1 is a bad advice though, as you start losing features and, if you go below 4.0, risk bricking newer Wii's (I think modmii installs IOS's to prevent that though)

Edit: and yes, ModMii does not recommend downgrading.

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Don't ever ever ever downgrade your Wii. Anyone who advises such a move is an idiot. Downgrading is NEVER worth it.
lol maybe you are the idiot here, if I was giving a bad advice then why its the same as it is in modmii ?
if you dont know what your talking about then shut up your mouth
downgrading just the system menu is safe as long you install its corresponding IOS and is not stubbed, modmii does that
No, I am not an idiot. I clearly know a lot more about the Wii than you do. And I know for a fact that XFlak does not ever recommend downgrading. (He's the author of ModMii). I don't use ModMii because I have a bit of common sense so I can do things myself, and 99% of the stuff ModMii does is useless to me (not meant as any sort of insult to ModMii or XFlak, it just isn't something I have need of), so I don't know what it does or does not advise, but downgrading is bad advice. But your suggestion of "if you dont [that should be "don't"] know what your [that should be "you're"] talking about then shut up your mouth ["shut up" or "shut your mouth" - make your mind up]" is good advice - I advise you follow it yourself.

EDIT: And just because something is "safe" doesn't mean it is good.
1st you shouldn’t have to call other people idiots just because you don’t agree with their opinion
2nd Im not an english person like you so don’t try to teach others english grammar
3rd you are no better than other person, how come can you confirm that you know more than me ? you don’t know me
finally don’t annoy other people with your selfish replies just cos you don’t agree with them, if you don’t like a post then don’t look at it
at least I was trying to help here

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you'll find the first post helping him was by me, so don't give me that rubbish for a start ("at least I was trying to help here"). And I am not an English person either. Also, just because you aren't a native English speaker doesn't mean I can't teach you correct English grammar. That would make zero sense. If you're contributing to an English language forum, you should be trying your best to type in correct English, and should be welcoming correction to help you learn the language.

I did not disagree with your "opinion", I was saying that the process you were suggesting was not a good idea. Opinions weren't involved. And I can confirm I know more about the Wii than you because you not only suggested downgrading, but even recommended it. Anyone who knows a decent amount about the Wii will not recommend such a thing. But I have never, ever said I was better than someone else (at least, if I ever have it has been as a joke). Please don't make me into someone I am not.

I was not being selfish, I was being helpful. I don't like the post because it advised something dangerous. Ignoring that won't help the OP, which is my main priority, much more so than not offending you, although I do not want to offend you either, nor anyone else for that matter.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading to 4.1 is no more dangerous than upgrading manually (and less dangerous than doing an official upgrade, since you could get a 003 brick). It is worth it if you want to have region free from your modchip. You just need to makes sure that the OP installs the appropriate version of IOS60 first. Current wad managers won't even let you install a SM wad unless you have a non-stub version of the required SM IOS installed.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
But installing a different SM isn't necessary at all. He could easily just use TinyLoad with zero risk.
It's not necessary, but it will make things faster and easier. It's up to the OP. Personally, I would downgrade to 4.1 because I know what I'm doing, and even if I didn't, a wad manager wouldn't let me skip the SM IOS. If this was 2 years ago, I might be more inclined to agree with you because wad managers didn't have that kind of protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455