Change order of games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by darkdenizen, May 4, 2010.

May 4, 2010

Change order of games? by darkdenizen at 12:04 AM (956 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. darkdenizen
    OP

Member darkdenizen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its slightly bothering me that the games that I have are not in alphabetical order....is there and option to change this? I googled and couldn't find what I needed. Btw I'm using v49 (release) [thats what it says on HBC]

2. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes there is an option to change how your games are listed/sorted, within UsbLoader_CFG. Simply press '-' on your wiimote, as if you were gonna uninstall a game. You'll see a new menu appear, the options there are self-explanatory.

Good Luck .. :>

3. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    The only option they give me is to remove it.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I can think of two reasons why that may happen:

1. it is changed in a later version. The current latest version of CFG is v56 (or v57 beta2, to be exact). You may want to update your CFG version. [​IMG]
    2. you have remapped the function of the "-" key. It should be mapped to "main_menu" (check this page for all the info). The "-"-key is just the default button for that.

5. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    Thanks! Turns out I just needed to update. It slightly annoys me that they don't count "the". Aka, "The Conduit" comes before "Madworld". But its cool.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can change that using the configurator for configurable

7. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    By default, Cfg uses title sort. This means that all articles ('A', 'An' and 'The') are ignored during the sort. If you want a purely alphabetical sort, add:

Code:
    sort_ignore = 0
    to config.txt. You can also change the list of words that are ignored by using a comma separated set of words instead of the 0. For example, the default of that option is: sort_ignore = A, An, The

You can also specifically sort your games in order using the pref_game option. The pref_game option allows you to list some games that will always appear at the top of the list. It's format is a comma separated list of 4-character IDs for the games in the order you want them to appear. This doesn't seem to be what you want, though.

Finally, the 'sort' option allows you to use entirely different sort patterns, like number of players, last time played, most often played, release date, etc.