Hacking Change music in Xenoblade Chronicles X? Possible?

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to edit the sound files of this game? Can you do it with a pjhysical game you bought from the shop or has to be a download from internet version?

Please help me

Reactions: Risingdawn

Itrimel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried the same thing, and succeded. Here's how to do it ( it works normally with any version of the game). First, you need to know the name of the song you wanna change. To do it :
1) Launch kexploit with cafiine. I personally use loadiine.ovh
2) On your computer, launch cafiine server ( you can download it here : https://wiidatabase.de/wii-u-downloads/pc-tools/cafiine-server/ ) and enter your Wii U IP adress
3) On your Wii U, launch Xenoblade. There's a bunch of things displaying, it's normal.
4) Go to a place where the song plays. On cafiine, you will see something like : \vol\content\stream\bgm\xXX-XX.adx, with the big X being numbers ( for the example, for me, x79-00.adx is the flight theme)

To change the music, you'll need to convert it to .adx format :
1) Download the linked PES sound file converter and use it to convert your music to adx. Rename it to match the song you wanna replace
2) Normally, where your cafiine_server.exe is located, there's a cafiine_root file now. Inside create [TitleID of XenobladeX]\vol\content\stream\bgm\ and put you music in it. The TitleID is 00050000-101C4C00 for European Version and 00050000-101C4D00 for US
3) Go to a place in-game where the song reloads and voila, you have successfully change a music !

Attachments

• PES_Sound_File_Converter_1.8.rar
    858.6 KB · Views: 486

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the same thing, and succeded. Here's how to do it ( it works normally with any version of the game). First, you need to know the name of the song you wanna change. To do it :
1) Launch kexploit with cafiine. I personally use loadiine.ovh
2) On your computer, launch cafiine server ( you can download it here : https://wiidatabase.de/wii-u-downloads/pc-tools/cafiine-server/ ) and enter your Wii U IP adress
3) On your Wii U, launch Xenoblade. There's a bunch of things displaying, it's normal.
4) Go to a place where the song plays. On cafiine, you will see something like : \vol\content\stream\bgm\xXX-XX.adx, with the big X being numbers ( for the example, for me, x79-00.adx is the flight theme)

1) Download the linked PES sound file converter and use it to convert your music to adx. Rename it to match the song you wanna replace
2) Normally, where your cafiine_server.exe is located, there's a cafiine_root file now. Inside create [TitleID of XenobladeX]\vol\content\stream\bgm\ and put you music in it. The TitleID is 00050000-101C4C00 for European Version and 00050000-101C4D00 for US
3) Go to a place in-game where the song reloads and voila, you have successfully change a music !

Wow thanks bro, I will download the zip and try to change the music now with ur information.

Thank you for the tutorial I really appreciate it

Itrimel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OOps, i made a few mistakes, here's the corrected version.
First, you need to know the name of the song you wanna change. To do it :
1) Launch kexploit with cafiine. I personally use loadiine.ovh. You will need to enter your local PC ip adress, you can find it by typing ipconfig in a command prompt
2) On your computer, launch cafiine server ( you can download it here : https://wiidatabase.de/wii-u-downloads/pc-tools/cafiine-server/ )
3) On your Wii U, launch Xenoblade. There's a bunch of things displaying, it's normal. You wil see the TitleID, create a file with this name in cafiine_root. Go to the wii u menu and relaunch the game

2)In cafiine_root\[TitleID of XenobladeX], create \vol\content\stream\bgm\ and put you music in it.
3) Go to a place in-game where the song reloads and voila, you have successfully changed a music !
EDIT : Oops, typos

Last edited by Itrimel,

YayIguess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can confirm that this worked with no hiccups for me, just run ipconfig (or ifconfig in Linux)
x79_00.adx - Don't Worry (Flight theme)
x71_00.adx - Sylvalum Day
x72_00.adx - Sylvalum Night
x53_00.adx - Uncontrollable (Tyrant theme)
x45_00.adx - Black Tar pt.1 (Ground Battle theme)
x48_00.adx - Black Tar pt.2 (Skell Battle theme)(?)
x49_04.adx - Wir Fliegen (Overdrive theme)

Someflammablekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump an older thread but I just got the flight module and am so tired of the flying music already instead of the nicer background music. I wonder if anyone made some way to remove that "trigger" to play the flying music while in the air. If not I suppose this is a decent workaround. Can anyone post the names of all the songs in that format like the above poster?

I don't mind the song at all. I just hate that it interrupts everything.

Last edited by Someflammablekid,

rafpac

Trophies
XP
Country
Your Prayers are answered:

x11_00 Title Screen
x12_00 mission briefing music
x45_00 Random Battle Music (Non Skell)
x48_00 Skell Fight music when fighting non skell enemies
x53_00 Battle music when fighting Tyrants (Overeds, Unique mosters)
x60_00 Track is called 'in the forest' plays on certain overpowered boss battles
x61_00 Random Battle Music (Non Skell) [DONT KNOW WHY THERE ARE TWO OF THEM BUT THERE ARE]
x63_00 NLA day music
x64_00 NLA Night music
x65_00 Primordia Day
x66_00 Primordia Night music
x67_00 Noctilum Day
x68_00 Noctilum Night
x69_00 Oblivia day
x70_00 Oblivia Night
x71_00 Sylvalum Day
x72_00 Sylvalum Night
x73_00 Cauldros Day
x74_00 Cauldros night
x78_00 Inside the barracks theme
x79_00 Skell (Dolls) flight music
x80_00 Manon Airship Day
x81_00 Manon Airship Night
x82_00 Random Cave music

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be cool create a permanent patch on sysnand.
All you'd have to do is replace the files of the installed game with WUPclient.

The other option would be to create a fake update using NUSpacker, but that would require starting IOSUHax every time you turned on your Wii U and wanted to play the game.

twicepipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest issue with the music is just the volume levels. By replacing the BGM files and renaming them you could easily swap one song out for another, or remove it entirely. Is there a way to just reduce the volume of the music by like 50%? Sometimes you can barely hear the voice acting because of the songs lol.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest issue with the music is just the volume levels. By replacing the BGM files and renaming them you could easily swap one song out for another, or remove it entirely. Is there a way to just reduce the volume of the music by like 50%? Sometimes you can barely hear the voice acting because of the songs lol.
Convert the ADX files to WAV using the afore mentioned tool, lower the volume using whatever you like (Audacity for example) and then convert back to ADX :)

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to edit the sound files of this game? Can you do it with a pjhysical game you bought from the shop or has to be a download from internet version?

Please help me
You want to change New LA's music don't you? :D "I can't hear you, I can't see you"

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All you'd have to do is replace the files of the installed game with WUPclient
God I so need to research up on WUPclient if that's all you need to do, so it run's just the same as the vanilla game off usb? No sig patch/loadiine/rednand needed? That newLA theme and flight music are my worst nightmare lol.

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God I so need to research up on WUPclient if that's all you need to do, so it run's just the same as the vanilla game off usb? No sig patch/loadiine/rednand needed? That newLA theme and flight music are my worst nightmare lol.

Yeah- once the game is installed, you are good to swap game files via WUPClient - they look just like the loadiine files when you navigate to the game folder (you only need the iosuhax if you take the NUSPacker fake update approach rather than replacing files). Worse that could happen is you corrupt the game and have to re-install it. I also recommend doing it to a game moved to USB- just to be double safe.
For using wupclient search for fix94's iosuhax - it is just the wupserver (search for the details on pastebin).

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah- once the game is installed, you are good to swap game files via WUPClient - they look just like the loadiine files when you navigate to the game folder (you only need the iosuhax if you take the NUSPacker fake update approach rather than replacing files). Worse that could happen is you corrupt the game and have to re-install it. I also recommend doing it to a game moved to USB- just to be double safe.
For using wupclient search for fix94's iosuhax - it is just the wupserver (search for the details on pastebin).
Awesome thanks mate and great advice about copying first, I think I will copy to a usb stick and try moding that copy (after first learning about this WUPclient).
I do have another question though, can I replace the songs with any converted audio file, as in can the file size/track length be larger/longer?
Also anyone have any recommendations for sci-fi/fantasy tracks to look out for?
I'm so stoked for this it's gutting I'm at work solid for next week or so, everyone in this thread getting a like

D

Deleted User

Glad someone wants to do this. Every track in the game is the worst thing Ive ever heard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat