Hacking Change german to australian 3DS and access eShop on A9LH?

FanmadeEndings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I have a german 2DS with arm9loaderhax + latest Luma and it's on 11.1. I want to change it to be an australian 2ds, unfortunately, Pailects guide wont help me with this because technically both are considered being european by the 3DS. I could change the region easily in system settings, however, I wouldn't be able to access the eShop anymore after doing so.

What I want to do is getting the Sun and Moon Demo 8,5 hours ahead of time. I know it will probably posted on that iso site pretty fast, but I really don't want to make an account there. Is what I want possible somehow?

Thanks in advance.

FanmadeEndings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do a System Reset, create a new NNID, and make it an Australian one.

If I would make a nand + sd backup first, then format my system and after getting the demo on my vanilla 8,5 hours later inject the backup again and copy my stuff back on the SD, would I get my titles etc. back? Sorry for the noobish question, just want to be sure.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If I would make a nand + sd backup first, then format my system and after getting the demo on my vanilla 8,5 hours later inject the backup again and copy my stuff back on the SD, would I get my titles etc. back? Sorry for the noobish question, just want to be sure.
If you copy back your stuff, it'll be like as if you din't even do a System Reset.

Although, you could do a Reset, make a new NNID, get the game, dump it, restore your backup, and install the dump.

Reactions: FanmadeEndings

FanmadeEndings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I did something by myself and learned it was probably not the best idea.
I format my system, get an australian id, backup the new nand, setup and emunand, restore the old nand to sysnand, restore the new nand to emunand. So far, so good.

On my emunand, I can now access the australian eshop, wich was exactly what I wanted, so yay for that. On my sysnand however, it wont let me access the eshop anymore. It isn't that bad, as I can still download stuff to my emunand, make a cia out of it and install it to sysnand, but it would be pretty convinient to have sysnand eshop access as well. Did I mess up permanently?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On my sysnand however, it wont let me access the eshop anymore. It isn't that bad, as I can still download stuff to my emunand, make a cia out of it and install it to sysnand, but it would be pretty convinient to have sysnand eshop access as well. Did I mess up permanently?
oh I come late :v sorry
Maybe if you unlink the NNID via homebrew and add it again maybe it could work :x if not you can create a new one ...

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Knew it because happened to me with my o3ds NNID when I tried to help a fried with a idea to get a legit CIA on her 3Ds.. that also failed lol but since I used the console format my NNID got unliked and I had thes eproblens .. but I never really fixed it because it broke... oh well
Try this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-bypass-nnid-bans-miiverse-online-eshop-etc.417999/
then, first try accessing with your old id, if not work you will need to make a new one.

Btw why you need eshop on the sysnand? you can't update there to use the emunand

FanmadeEndings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: Sliter

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a german 2DS with arm9loaderhax + latest Luma and it's on 11.1. I want to change it to be an australian 2ds, unfortunately, Pailects guide wont help me with this because technically both are considered being european by the 3DS. I could change the region easily in system settings, however, I wouldn't be able to access the eShop anymore after doing so.

What I want to do is getting the Sun and Moon Demo 8,5 hours ahead of time. I know it will probably posted on that iso site pretty fast, but I really don't want to make an account there. Is what I want possible somehow?

Thanks in advance.
It's possible, but it's a lot more work than creating a free forum account.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought a German 3DS off gumtree and it's the exact same model as you would get in Australia. If the firmware version ends in -E that means it's Europe/Australia ;)

All you need to do is change the system settings to Australia, or maybe format it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by clancy94,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.