Hacking change emunand region tutorial for n3ds?

kamesenin888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im trying to find a tutorial with the tools needed to accomplish the region change from a jap n3ds on 9.2 sysnand and emunand to a US region emunand, liomajor helped me pointing the process but i can only do up until some part

Basicly its:

1. Generate NAND xorpads (how do i generate the nand xorpads from an emunand on new 3ds? nands are separated)
2. Update emuNAND with desired Region (as for update, you can't use the same version) (can update to 9.5)
3. Dump emuNAND (easy)
4. Extract FAT16 (i think using cearp tool)
5. Switch SecureInfo (how can i do this?)
6. Clean out doubles (this means that i need to remove the duplicates of the apps?)
7. Rebuild FAT16 (how i do this?)
8. Inject FAT16 (how do i do this?)
9. Restore emuNAND

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best set of instructions for this process can be found in this post though it seems kilometerages vary with the process. I just accomplished this the past weekend and posted here on that same thread with links and explanations referencing the slightly different procedures I followed. You will need to have some grasp of python, however google is your friend if you do not.
Do note that it seems no same set of instructions exactly works for everyone completely, so you might run into strange issues along the way, or things might break (such as amiibos or the keyboard on the homescreen). At the end of the day, it seems trial and error is the best bet with this.
Also, BRM sucks, you're far better off using FBI.
Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)