Change Coming to Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY would like to see the next smash bros have a full 3D plane of movement as a option. I mean, look at KI or Dysidia. Destructive environments, amazing movement tactics, dynamic dodging. Now, I wouldn't say theu should scrap the 2.5D method either. Maybe put 2.5D on the 3DS and Full 3D on the WiiU? Or just put the option for either in both modes. You would also be able to use every character, item and move in both. They would just act differently. Something like that would be awesome.
I don't think that would work very well if they have cross-system multiplayer.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably buy both versions. As long as it doesn't look shitty, and adds more characters I'll buy both.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As long as they do not take away core characters (And finally give ganondorf his freaking sword) and as long as the new twists they have in mind do not change the gameplay in a way that removes fun in favor of competitive play (I have nothing against OPTIONS that make it more competitive, as long as they're options), I don't see how I'm not buying both of those games.

D

Deleted User

They could add a combo system, now that they can use face buttons+touch screen.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The connectivity is interesting, but honestly, I'm mostly interested in new (3rd party?) characters, and the physics changes.

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hated the controls in all the games. I don't know what's exactly wrong about them, but I hate them.

I'm sorry, but I have to say it. Haters gonna hate.

...It just fit too well! But seriously, I want to see what kinds of awesome things will pop out of that guy's head next.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The connectivity is interesting, but honestly, I'm mostly interested in new (3rd party?) characters, and the physics changes.
I agree. More characters the better. And they need to bring back Mewtwo and Roy!

Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario and Roy was just a clone of Marth anyway.

I doubt you'll see many third party characters past Sonic and I doubt Snake will return.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Travis Touchdown

And censor everything that made No More Heroes great? No thank you. I prefer Travis as a scumbag potty mouth slicing the heads off of baddies left and right, not hopping and bopping around with Mario and Zelda.

I know Suda51 has said he'd like to see Travis in SSB but it'd just be not very true to his character to see him acting all silly and slapstick with a bunch of PG-rated characters. I know they had Snake but his moveset was just really dumb and he didn't feel like Snake at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And censor everything that made No More Heroes great? No thank you. I prefer Travis as a scumbag potty mouth slicing the heads off of baddies left and right, not hopping and bopping around with Mario and Zelda.

I know Suda51 has said he'd like to see Travis in SSB but it'd just be not very true to his character to see him acting all silly and slapstick with a bunch of PG-rated characters. I know they had Snake but his moveset was just really dumb and he didn't feel like Snake at all.
I suppose I'd want him there just for the gimmick's sake. He's just a cool character to have around.

Snake was "alright", I liked playing with'im, but yeah, he stood out like a sore thumb. Still, it was a tip of the hat towards the mature audience, which is always nice.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - he said "intend to change direction" ....

Could he make the 3DS act as a '1st person view' of the battle ??
Allow people with 3DS's to 'watch the battle through the eyes of the character in 3D' while you play/control the character using the WiiU controller on the big screen ?? :unsure:

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Brawl, but the fact that Sakurai actively discouraged competitive play through deliberate mechanical changes was disheartening. Hopefully he can work his way up from Melee's gameplay instead; after playing Kid Icarus Uprising, I have faith in whatever ideas he has to implement.
Agreed, Kid Icarus doesn't let up by allowing players to suddenly trip or something, even players who may be at a slight weapons disadvantage are less of a burden when defeated in Light vs Dark.
He will probably continue to investigate a theme of Risk and Reward as he often does, but any changes to the gameplay I imagine, wouldn't be much different from including Smash Balls and Final Smashes.
This. I mean didn't he keep talking about rpg elements, I honestly would like to see Kid Icarus' balancing on super smash like the stickers for the story mode would affect work for regular fights but maybe in stock matches because you have some uber sticker effects you have less lives or in point matches your death is more points stuff like that. This would allow poeple to play w/ or w/o rpg elements and balance it out and after seeing Kid Icarus damn I have high expectations for smash bros.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(And finally give Ganondorf his freaking sword)

NEVER. He is perfect as a Captain Falcon clone.

I'd rather see interesting characters with a unique moveset of their own instead of a slight variation of someone else's moveset being sold as "another character".
Which is one of the reasons why the generic competetive fighting games used to piss me off so much way back when I gave them a go (SNES-era). Everyone had nearly the same moveset.

Characters with cloned movesets are very off-setting and feel mostly weird, and instead of just removing them in the next game as was done from Melee to Brawl, they should either be given proper unique movesets or made into selectable variants for the char they're a clone of (like switching costumes, but instead you switch from Fox to Falco or from Marth to Roy or from Pikachu to Pichu) to change name, model, sounds and animations but keep that moveset.
-> Less clutter, more space for actual new characters in the roster, removes the weird feeling that clones caused but keeps them as an aesthetic option for those who liked them.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next leap for the Super Smash Bros. franchise: Fatalities!

Nothing quite screams "Shaking things up" like a shattered spine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.