Tutorial Change battle background in usum (wifi battles)

Would you like a video tutorial on how to do this ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetj3232e

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this guide, Lglaplante! Everything works nice for me.
I have experimented with the files a bit and I can give you all a list of which file corresponds to which background scene:
goo (dot) gl (slash) vy8nVB (It's a google document)

But that's not everything! I could also find out that "dec_155.bin" is the file which corresponds to the glowing rectangle which floats around the Pokémon in a WiFi Battle. So by replacing this file you can add other special effects (like spotlights via 157) or you can combine two scenes to have a background for your foreground to avoid glitches in the background.

Have fun with my list!

PS: I was not allowed to post a real link because I am new to GBAtemp. This is no spam but a helpful link, so please be kind to me, oh mighty Mods :D
it looks like the docs shared here has been deleted (not a surprise considering the age of the post but a new doc would be nice).

Reactions: TeddyWestGeass

TeddyWestGeass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who was active in this thread when
thanks for the doc you’ve made, it will help future people that want to do the modifications :) didn’t know about the dec_155 rho, interesting finding
The person who made that comprehensive list hasn't been on the site ever since, did you download it before it went down by chance? Same question to anyone else here. I started testing files to see how it works and am currently looking for any existing info I can

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth