ROM Hack Change audio language on Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered

makination

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As you may know, Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered has only audio language in English. The sensational other dub languages that appears in the PS3 / XBOX360 / PC version 10 years ago don't appear.

My question is if there's a possibility to insert the other dub languages into the Switch version. Maybe somebody can get the other audio languages from the PC version. I don't know if it will be possible.

In my case, the dub audio in Spanish from the game was absolutely awesome, with the same actors from the original movie. I've asked to people from other countries and I know in the other languages the dub was absolutely incredible too.

We'll be great news for the Ghostbusters community if somebody can do this :)

Thanks to all and sorry for my English!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: platanos

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As you may know, Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered has only audio language in English. The sensational other dub languages that appears in the PS3 / XBOX360 / PC version 10 years ago don't appear.

My question is if there's a possibility to insert the other dub languages into the Switch version. Maybe somebody can get the other audio languages from the PC version. I don't know if it will be possible.

In my case, the dub audio in Spanish from the game was absolutely awesome, with the same actors from the original movie. I've asked to people from other countries and I know in the other languages the dub was absolutely incredible too.

We'll be great news for the Ghostbusters community if somebody can do this :)

Thanks to all and sorry for my English!

Have you checked if maybe there are audio files in romfs? You would be surprised how many games left localization files that cannot be accessed from unmodded game.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: platanos

makination

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you checked if maybe there are audio files in romfs? You would be surprised how many games left localization files that cannot be accessed from unmodded game.

Sorry man, i've tried to un-pack the nsp file with this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-easy-extract-game-files-from-nsp-xci.534724/) but something goes wrong, i have no idea about modding and scene, only i've posted the question if somebody wants to try. Or if somebody can and wants to take a look if it is possible... would be great a Ghostbusters Video Game Remastered with the other dub languages :)

Any help?

makination

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ping me after 5 Nov. Then I can help.
Hey Mr. masagrator, are u there? I don't think about the possibility of the dubbing files are 'hidden' inside the game files, because I've got that tweet from the remaster developers few months ago.

I think the only possibility is grab the other dub files from the PC version. Any other ideas? Thanks!
49a20cb6a2903a29e145f3d09de4ffa8.jpg

makination

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there are no other language files than eng.

Audio eng files are packed to NXENSND.POD which can be exported and imported with this tool

https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=12615#p51384

Don't know how original dubbing files look like to answer if there is a chance to replace them with other language.
Wow! That's a great clue. There's any way to found the file NXSPSND.POD (spanish example) on the PC, PS3 or X360 versions, rename it to NXENSND.POD and insert it to the Switch version? That would be great!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow! That's a great clue. There's any way to found the file NXSPSND.POD (spanish example) on the PC, PS3 or X360 versions, rename it to NXENSND.POD and insert it to the Switch version? That would be great!

According to zenhax they are not cross-compatible.

Last edited by masagrator,

makination

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't have any files from original release, so me neither. And I'm busy with Polish language stuff for Switch games.
So good luck. :)
If I found any files (I'll take a look on the PC version), do you think you'll can do something? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte