Change Acekard icon on DS Menu? and Question about firmware

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Eanan, May 8, 2012.

1. Eanan
    OP

Newcomer Eanan Newbie

Ireland
    Hello, firstly, my DSi XL is on firmware 1.4.1 I think. I recently just got my Acekard in the post of etcome.com, and it works fine. But is it recommended to update my DSi XL to the latest 1.4.4 firmware, or will I be missing anything?

Also, you know when you put in your acekard, and on the "regular" DSi menu, on the game kart square, it shows the acekard as a Chronicles of narnia game logo. is there any reason for this and is it possible to change this? Thanks

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    First update your AK2i with the latest update, then it's ok to update the DSi to 1.4.4

As for the icon, this is used to trick the DSi into allowing the flashcard to boot, so you can't change it (although I've heard of changing it in a hex editor, I'm not sure if that was doable or not)

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Before updating your dsi, I suggest updating your card first with this
    As for changing the icon, I believe that is a rom header exploit being used to by-pass the dsi firmware to run the acekard 2i, so I don't think there is anyway you can change it.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you change the icon there's a good chance the Acekard will no longer run on the DSi/XL, so don't try.