Gaming Chances of Price Drop + WSR Bundle?

Synchromatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my friend thinks that the Wii will get a price drop by the end of the summer and that it will be bundled with Wii Sports Resort instead of Wii Sports.

I personally don't think any of those two will happen, but I'd like to see your opinions on this. Maybe if I get enough people who agree with me, I could convince my friend.

I thought that it won't have price drop because it's already selling so well. Why change? And concerning the WSR, it's bundled with Motion Plus, which would just make it more complicated, and that WSR has double the games as WS.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo has had the console on the market for just over 2 years now and it is still managing to sell the most units on a month by month basis. If the numbers drop, expect a lower price but right now, you have a better chance of getting Halo on the PS3.
As to a new bundle, Wii Sports will always come bundled with the wii no matter what and if they intended to bundle Wii Sports Resort as well, it would mean the wii-motion plus would have to be bundled as well which would defeat the purpose of a price drop. Expect retailers to bundle them together but nothing official will happen.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reru said:
My friend thinks that WSR and Motion Plus will be in the official package for $250 and that the old Wii will be dropped.
Why ruin a good thing though? Consumers will buy a wii and chances are, they will enjoy wii sports, especially if they are new to gaming. They then look around for similar types of games but then they hear that Wii Sports has a sequel so they put down another $50-60 depending on price.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair, it would be a great business move on Nintendo's part. If they could guarantee a WiiMotionPlus in every new Wii owner's home it would be a great incentive for developers to use the technology. I think it'd be a great business move, but I don't run a business so I don't really know anything

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reru said:
My friend thinks that WSR and Motion Plus will be in the official package for $250 and that the old Wii will be dropped.

What "Old Wii" ?

Chances are WSR will just be an average game people just test out the motion plus on and only a limited array of games that actually take advantage of this accessory, quite like the Power Glove.

I wont be buying one and I think it's a bad idea. Making the movements more sensitive?

No one has had a problem with the motion controls have they?

:/

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satirical said:
What "Old Wii" ?

Chances are WSR will just be an average game people just test out the motion plus on and only a limited array of games that actually take advantage of this accessory, quite like the Power Glove.

I wont be buying one and I think it's a bad idea. Making the movements more sensitive?

No one has had a problem with the motion controls have they?

:/

I guess you thought Wii Sports was an average game? I found it to be one of the best games released on the Wii compared to some of the other crap that comes out.

And I don't think you get what WMP is about. It's not about making the controls more sensitive. Where did you get this idea? It's making it so that no matter how you move the Wii Remote it will be reflected in the game, 1:1. Depth perception, everything. Obviously you haven't played any games where you made a movement and it was misinterpreted by the Wii. I envy you because I've had this plenty of times, especially with depth perception. I am really looking forward to the accessory, especially to use it in the Conduit and WSR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol