CFW'ed Switch: Send Pokémon to/from Pokémon Home

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So, my question is first off: Can I even use my modded/CFW'ed Switch to send/receive Pokémon to Pokémon games and Pokémon Home? I mean, I know that I "can", but how safe is it?
And in terms of safety, what is the safest way to do so? How can I clean SysNAND/SysMMC to do that to begin with (been running EmuNAND/EmuMMC for a long time now, haven't booted into SysNAND/SysMMC in forever, but I used it modded before EmuNAND/EmuMMC even existed for Atmosphere, so there are modded files on it)? And is it safe to use a shared Pokémon game cartridge that I backed up and installed as XCI?

Would like to know the odds and safest way of engaging in some bare minimum online activity, which would be only for exchanging Pokémon via Home between games. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LokeYourLord,

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, if you know about "dirty" and "clean" CFW, "hacked pokemon", "legit pokemon", etc.

It only works if you have an original Pokemon game, with an original, you can, of course!

But if you have a pirated Pokemon game:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-main-save-files-for-pokemon-home.630623/post-10123560

If you have a 3DS, I recommend you to use Pokemon Bank, even if the 3DS game is pirated, you can inject saves and put them on Pokemon HOME.

Last edited by DarkVoidPeru,
Reactions: LokeYourLord

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Well, if you know about "dirty" and "clean" CFW, "hacked pokemon", "legit pokemon", etc.

It only works if you have an original Pokemon game, with an original, you can, of course!

But if you have a pirated Pokemon game:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-main-save-files-for-pokemon-home.630623/post-10123560

If you have a 3DS, I recommend you to use Pokemon Bank, even if the 3DS game is pirated, you can inject saves and put them on Pokemon HOME.
Thanks a lot, that made things clearer. Yeah I have legit 3DS copies, but my 3DS was banned a long time ago. There's certs to use I know, which I sometimes did for online, but I wonder if they are detectable in the aftermath. Also, for the Switch, the copy is legit, but not my own, because I dumped one of my friend's cartridge, so that's what my question was mostly about.

LokeYourLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
The way I done it was using a second unit to trade over locally, not using pokemon home on a hacked unit.
I'm aware that that's how some do it, and it's a possibility, but I'm not stupid enough to waste money on a 2nd Switch, especially since I already use my current Switch maybe 5 out 30 days in a month considering I have a super powerful PC that I've built myself, on which I can emulate the Switch anyways.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware that that's how some do it, and it's a possibility, but I'm not stupid enough to waste money on a 2nd Switch, especially since I already use my current Switch maybe 5 out 30 days in a month considering I have a super powerful PC that I've built myself, on which I can emulate the Switch anyways.

Keep in mind you risk a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.