Hacking CFW via system tranfer without loosing NNID? old3DS to new3DS

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, im a bit confused here so I hope someone could help me out.

Is it somehow possible to install a CFW on my new2DS and keep the NNID? AFAIK after a system tranfer the target DS keeps the NNID from the system it came from.
Can I make a NAND backup on 11.5? So I could backup -> install b9s via system tranfer -> restore? I dont care about the NNID on the old3DS, just the new2DS one.

/edit
Typo in the title. I meant old3DS to new2DS

Last edited by MiePx3,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately there is no way to keep the NNID on the source system during the transfer. Once the transfer is done, you will have to call Nintendo to unlink the new system so you can restore the NNID on the old system.
Restoring the NAND will not properly restore the NNID back to the source system and will give you an error when using any application that uses the NNID.

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I may phrased it bad, but I dont care about the source (old3DS) system nor the linked NNID on it. The NNID I care about is on the new2DS. And I want to keep the new2DS's NNID.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I may phrased it bad, but I dont care about the source (old3DS) system nor the linked NNID on it. The NNID I care about is on the new2DS. And I want to keep the new2DS's NNID.
The NNID on the new target system will be replaced with one from the source system. I think you have to call Nintendo to completely unlink the new NNID to use your old one

Reactions: MiePx3

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The NNID on the new target system will be replaced with one from the source system. I think you have to call Nintendo to completely unlink the new NNID to use your old one
And no way to get around that?
Can I unlink the NNID on my old3DS and then do the system transfer? I may add without calling anyone. So the new2DS NNID will be left "blank"?
Otherwise, do we have hombrew access on 11.4/11.5?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And no way to get around that?
Can I unlink the NNID on my old3DS and then do the system transfer? So the new2DS NNID will be left "blank"?
Otherwise, do we have hombrew access on 11.4/11.5?
To unlink your NNID from your source system, you will either have to reformat it in the system settings or call Nintendo. Nintendo basically made everything stupidly obtuse because Nintendo.
From there, I actually no idea. I've never done a system transfer from a blank system to a system with NNID.

Reactions: MiePx3

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
reformat it in the system settings
Now thats sounds promising.
Soooo, in theory, I could unlink my old3DS's NNID and start the system transfer to the new2DS. Since there is no NNID from the source system to override the NNID on my new2DS it wont get overwritten.
After that I just install b9s via the DSiWare method, reformat the new2DS and relink my NNID I had befor I system tranfered by loging in.

Could someone back this up?

Last edited by MiePx3,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to add. You'll need to format your New 2DS before the transfer, since the transfer doesn't allow the target console to have a linked NNID.

Anyway, as said, you'll be able to re-link that NNID after the CFW installation.

Reactions: Cuphat and MiePx3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn