Homebrew CFW to show more than 300 softwares OR Software Counter Homebrew

WiisleyU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everyone that has an Wii U (hacked and an with an external storage larger than 500GB) already reached the "300 softwares" limit on Home Menu. It's really difficult to play 300 games on only one life but it's annoying to be forced to delete one game that you like to be able to install another too.

First: It's even possible a CFW that shows on menu more than 300 softwares as limited by the system?

Second: If it's not possible can we have a simple homebrew to show the number of already installed games (Ex.: 290/300) to let we know how many slots are free?

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user asks about how have more 300+ games in the Wii U and evade the limitation of HomeMenu, not if you think that is ok have that amount the games.

This reminds me when I asked how to delete Luma3DS and users responded to alternatives to not delete the CFW, when I knew what I wanted to do.

WiisleyU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There should be an special loader since it seems to be hardware restriction

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There should be an special loader since it seems to be a hardware restriction

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With the newly discovered injection method, if a user chooses to use a single HDD for all his WiiU/Wii/Gamecube stuff he/she could reach the 300 titles limit.

Unfortunately not possible at the moment, nothing has been released so far as a workaround to this limitation. I hope a single patch would suffice to bypass that..

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: WiisleyU

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just try to install only the important games for now. I have limited myself to 60 WiiU, 60 Wii and 60 GC games. While it is quite tough to choose 60 Wii games out of my 140 games library, there aren't 60 WiiU games worth playing imo. I choose to restrict myself to 60 because thats the amount one folder can hold and I like it to have one folder per console.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
if the wii u homebrew development grows even more in the future I'd rather have every emulated game separated in single "channel" to keep it nice and simple in the home menu... instead of having emulators gui's.
old pc stuff, nes, sms, md gen, gg, pce, arcade, snes, gbc, gba, ds, n64, psx, gc, wii, wiiu, etc... so yeah, I could easily count at least a thousand games :P

WiisleyU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And in all honestly why would you want to install every single individual Gamecube game if you can have Nintendon't installed instead and load a couple of games from the SD card? unless you wanna be the guy who just wants to show off.
I have only Wii U and Wii, my Nintendont games are stored on my 128GB SD Card, and I reached the limit even deleting eShop Games and Virtual Consoles.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have only Wii U and Wii, my Nintendont games are stored on my 128GB SD Card, and I reached the limit even deleting eShop Games and Virtual Consoles.
I know Brazil gets it rough with how expensive consoles and games get over there but that doesn't give you permision to mass pirate every game ever made.

Reactions: niuus and WiisleyU

WiisleyU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know Brazil gets it rough with how expensive consoles and games get over there but that doesn't give you permision to mass pirate every game ever made.
Pirate one game or a thousand is the same thing, looks great that you know how hard is to pick an game, console or amiibo even 10x it could cost. BTW coming to a homebrew group to condone piracy is somewhat paradoxal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: