Hardware CFW sleep mode drains battery 75% in 8 hours while OFW is normal

mosipd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got done trying every firmware version from v11.0.1 down to v9.2.0 and I can't launch RetroArch in applet mode. Is there any way to disable applet mode pre-boot?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what you're stressing about, use the latest firmware and launch in application mode (not applet mode, don't use album icon) and get on with your day.

If you don't like holding R on a game to start hbmenu, then install a game you don't want to play, configure atmosphere to override that specific titleid rather than any application, and when a button is not pressed ("!R"), then selecting that game will open hbmenu. Bonus points for using sys-tweak to change the game's name and icon hbmenu.

mosipd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my solution is using the Switch as a Linux tablet. I'm much more comfortable in Linux and this homebrew stuff is a bit too wonky and rigid for me. I just installed L4T and now I can run RetroArch and anything else compiled for ARM.

I am curious about one thing though, when you launch L4T how exactly does the boot process work? For example, does it require the original Nintendo OS to function? Could you theoretically install L4T to the system NAND and completely replace Nintendo's OS on the Switch?

dirtyape705

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad this thread is still open. its the only one i could find as I have a similar battery issue. In sleep mode my battery drains to 19% quickly and then sleep mode battery drain is pretty normal from 19% to 0%. Ive completely drained the battery a few times in hekate, fully charged up and booted to atmosphere. i had 1 - 2 occasions where after this process ive experienced normal sleep battery drain but more often than not im down to 19% after a few hours. the drain also happens in airplane mode.

fw: 14.1
latest atmosphere, fusee, sigpatches
also using an emunand

my last resort is to create an emunand from scratch but im reluctant as ive got a bunch of games backed up and would be tedious to re-install, reconfig everything.

anyone experience this before? is wiping and starting over my only option?

jimbo180782

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad this thread is still open. its the only one i could find as I have a similar battery issue. In sleep mode my battery drains to 19% quickly and then sleep mode battery drain is pretty normal from 19% to 0%. Ive completely drained the battery a few times in hekate, fully charged up and booted to atmosphere. i had 1 - 2 occasions where after this process ive experienced normal sleep battery drain but more often than not im down to 19% after a few hours. the drain also happens in airplane mode.

fw: 14.1
latest atmosphere, fusee, sigpatches
also using an emunand

my last resort is to create an emunand from scratch but im reluctant as ive got a bunch of games backed up and would be tedious to re-install, reconfig everything.

anyone experience this before? is wiping and starting over my only option?
Dude same problem read in this thread that he hadn’t updated ofw just custom through daybreak. Is your ofw the same as your cfw? Mine is lower which I suspect may be the problem. Let me know if it helps I’m away for the next 8 days so have just been trying to find a solution for when I get back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls