CFW, psn, ps2, bluray, retrocompatibility and others questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by inklara, Oct 11, 2014.

1. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I've got a PS3 PAL FAT CECHC04 60GB, with original firmware 3.66.
    I know someone who can downgrade it to CFW 3.55 then to upgrade it to latest CFW.
    I know this custom firmware doesn't allow me to play online,
    but will I be able to :
    - play all the new ps3 isos (pal, us and jap) ?
    - play all the new games from playstation network ?
    - play ps1 and ps2 isos ?
    - will I loose the games I already bought on the PSN and all my save datas from my original ps3 games bluray ?

- to play all those things i only need to install multiman and psnreact ?

- is it worth to change the internal hard disk of the PS3 with a bigger one, or I am fine with my 60gb internal and plug any external hard disk ?

- I've noticed many games have files around 8 GB, i am little afraid of my internal disk space, and fat32 issues with external hdd, how to deal with those >4gb files ?

- I will still be abtle to play my original ps2 games, ps3 games, movies from blu ray player an psn games bought from psn ?

- will I lost the ps2 retro compatibility? (i like sometines to use ifcaro hack to play some ps2 games with awesome graphics, even if cinematics are almost impossible to watch with this hack)

- if I buy a ps4 will I still be able to use my ps3 account on this ps3? (I have some platinum trophies that was really hard to have)

- if finally i prefer choose the ODE option, which looks like easier to use, and more allow to play online, will I also be able to install psn backup games?

Thanks in advance for your answers

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Only on Cobra compatible CFW
    Yes
    Only on Cobra compatible CFW (ps2 has to be on internal HDD)
    No
    Just MM
    Yes, 60GB will get eaten up fast if you load a few PS2 ISO - back up saves
    Yes
    No
    Yes - but keep in mind if/when you do get banned - you lose all PSN purchases and trophies - so play safe
    No to the ODE question.

3. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    thanks

4. inklara
    OP

inklara Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Thanks a lot for those answers gunner007 :bow:

Now I stop to read infos about ODE, because I like psn games, and I am going to read more stuff about this 'Cobra'.

Thanks to the software 'PS3 Console Compatibility v2' now I just know that my ps3 CECHC can be jailbreak by teensy++2, I hope it's also compatible with Cobra CFW.

I will also ask to the one that will hack my ps3 to add internal 500gb or 750gb hard disk, seems it will be much more convenient, especially for those 8 or 10gb files I find sometimes in ps3 games backup, in this way I even don't need to buy external hard disk, do I?

Finally, about psn trophies, ban, ps3/ps4 account: if, after my ps3 is hacked, I never again connect it to internet, it should be safe to use my ps3 psn account on ps4, no?

An other question about those trophies, let's imagine I play many games (ps3 and psn) under CFW and unlock some trophies, then if I change this CFW into official FW, it should be safe to update online the trophies of my ps3 psn account?