Gaming CFW on PSP Slim 4.05

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey fellas, a friend of mine just asked me (2 weeks ago) to put CFW on his slim PSP with official firmware of 4.05. I did a bit of researching and i was gonna use this guide:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/tutor...lim-or-t210546/

Unfortunately the guide says it wont work for (Late Model slims that came new with 4.01)

So here i am, and i need the help of someone who's got the knowledge to help me out
yaypsp.gif

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First enable ChickHEN R2 on the psp then run the CFW Enabler and you will be able to play ISO/CSO. Just don't shut down the psp or you will have to re-do everything and it might take a while for chickHEN to activate because it took me like 30 tries to finally get it. It all depeneds on luck.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BKZ said:
First enable ChickHEN R2 on the psp then run the CFW Enabler and you will be able to play ISO/CSO. Just don't shut down the psp or you will have to re-do everything and it might take a while for chickHEN to activate because it took me like 30 tries to finally get it. It all depeneds on luck.

LOL does that mean there isnt a method to actually install CFW onto the PSP? re-doing the process for each time i'd like to play would be quite a pain =(

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Giangsta said:
BKZ said:

LOL does that mean there isnt a method to actually install CFW onto the PSP? re-doing the process for each time i'd like to play would be quite a pain =(
No, just put your PSP to sleep. When you exit the game via the Home button, the CFW is still there. It resides in the RAM. And anyway, once you've run chickHEN and installed CFW, if your PSP does happen to shut off or whatever, it really doesn't take long (usually first time) to get it back on again. It does with me anyway, and it took me an hour to get chickHEN running.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it's important to know that you need to upgrade to 5.02 (or is it 5.03? ah, I forget- google!) OFW before using ChickenHEN R2.

There are other sites/tutorials that explain this better, and I would link, but not sure if that is okay or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.