CFW Not Working after transferring to new SD card

inklingboi08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted the 64GB card as FAT32 but it doesn't work when I insert it jnto the 3DS, it just doesn't detect it. Is it because it's 64GB and I have to do some extra steps? I'm doing it on Chrome OS so I don't know if it's a problem with the built in formatter or what.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formatted the 64GB card as FAT32 but it doesn't work when I insert it jnto the 3DS, it just doesn't detect it. Is it because it's 64GB and I have to do some extra steps? I'm doing it on Chrome OS so I don't know if it's a problem with the built in formatter or what.
i think its that the 3ds doesnt like the format that any apple computer does. Try using guiformat for it

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand some cards are sometimes set up with additional, tiny partitions that will have to be wiped out.

Try using this tool. https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases It will format everything on the sd card but the 3ds will format it so it works with 16GB+ and fat32.
Wouldn't it be easier just to use godmode9? That is usually what is recommended when other methods fail.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand some cards are sometimes set up with additional, tiny partitions that will have to be wiped out.

Wouldn't it be easier just to use godmode9? That is usually what is recommended when other methods fail.
I didn't know GM9 had that function.... Is it a script or built in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today