Hacking CFW Installation successful.... And some questions

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was finally able to install devmenu on this thing (The issue seems to stem from my router, I solved it by making an Android hotspot and using it as a wireless LAN. :) )

So now I have some questions about how the whole thing works and other stuff.

- Since the CFW runs on EMUNAND(?) , this means in order to play the CIA files I installed, I will always need to run the DS Profile exploit right?

- When on SYSNAND, going into data management seems to wipe every CIA/Savefile I installed on EMUNAND/CFW. Is this normal? Is there anyway to avoid it (Well except avoiding data management all together.)

- My current firmware is 4.4U , is it still possible to play retail cards that needs 9.2 firmware and still have access to the EMUNAND/CFW?

If I seriously misunderstood how the CFW / EMUNAND works please feel free to correct me. :)

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Yes
2 yes it's normal and no there is no way to avoid it beside not opening it
3 no you can't
Edit well yes you can if you have a second SD card you can set up Mt emunand and4 play newer retail games through it

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit well yes you can if you have a second SD card you can set up Mt emunand and4 play newer retail games through it

Are you sure? Because last time I checked, using emunand doesn't allow you to play newer retail games because the encryption keys are loaded on boot

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm... That means I replace the CFW launcher.dat with the Gateway launder.dat ?

It also means it's best to have one SD Card for CFW and another SD card for retail games?

secto15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... That means I replace the CFW launcher.dat with the Gateway launder.dat ?

It also means it's best to have one SD Card for CFW and another SD card for retail games?

do you have a gateway? if not my bad I don't have any experience with CFW alone. sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: