CFW Installation successful.... And some questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StriderVM, Feb 6, 2015.

1. StriderVM
    OP

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    I was finally able to install devmenu on this thing (The issue seems to stem from my router, I solved it by making an Android hotspot and using it as a wireless LAN. :) )

So now I have some questions about how the whole thing works and other stuff.

- Since the CFW runs on EMUNAND(?) , this means in order to play the CIA files I installed, I will always need to run the DS Profile exploit right?

- When on SYSNAND, going into data management seems to wipe every CIA/Savefile I installed on EMUNAND/CFW. Is this normal? Is there anyway to avoid it (Well except avoiding data management all together.)

- My current firmware is 4.4U , is it still possible to play retail cards that needs 9.2 firmware and still have access to the EMUNAND/CFW?

If I seriously misunderstood how the CFW / EMUNAND works please feel free to correct me. :)

2. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    1. Yes
    2 yes it's normal and no there is no way to avoid it beside not opening it
    3 no you can't
    Edit well yes you can if you have a second SD card you can set up Mt emunand and4 play newer retail games through it

3. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Are you sure? Because last time I checked, using emunand doesn't allow you to play newer retail games because the encryption keys are loaded on boot

4. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    9.4 emunand,classic mode

5. StriderVM
    OP

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Umm... How do I do that? Any tutorials somewhere? :)

6. secto15

secto15 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    United States

run ds profile exploit hold L, boot into gateway classic mode to use retail carts

7. StriderVM
    OP

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Umm... That means I replace the CFW launcher.dat with the Gateway launder.dat ?

It also means it's best to have one SD Card for CFW and another SD card for retail games?

8. secto15

secto15 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    United States

do you have a gateway? if not my bad I don't have any experience with CFW alone. sorry

9. zero2exe

zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
  10. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Note that when playing retail card on Emunand you won't load savedata on Sysnand and otherwise.

11. StriderVM
    OP

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Thank you for the input guys. :)