Homebrew CFW / homebrew launcher on new 2dsxl?

Syrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for creating sorry for creating a thread for this as all the other guides and tutorials I was looking at didn't really help me too much what I want to know is I have a brand new 2dsxl that has firmware 11.6 installed my goal is that I want to get pksm I think that's what it's called haha installed so I can edit in generate Pokemon in Ultra Sun and Moon the guys I was looking at were talking about needing Games Etc to exploit it and I literally just got this to 2 DS yesterday and there were guys saying that I need to handhelds to be able to install custom firmware / Homebrew launchers pretty much what I want to know is is there a method to install custom firmware or a Homebrew launcher on my two DS XL that's running 11.6 if maybe I could get a link to a guide Etc I am literally only using this for pksm or pokegen or whatever it's called now any help would be much appreciated and one of the guys I did set up my microSD management so I was thinking maybe there's a way of getting the Homebrew or custom firmware installed using that method I just didn't really find a guy that went on and explained it well it's also a possibility that I didn't search good enough for didn't use the right keywords sorry for lack of formatting I am using my voice to text on my phone to write this but if there is a guy that will allow me to achieve what I am looking for please let me know and I will be forever grateful

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much what I want to know is is there a method to install custom firmware or a Homebrew launcher on my two DS XL that's running 11.6
3DS Guide - 3DS Guide this will help (assuming you can read . . . you would be amazed how many people refuse to actually read things)

Syrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, I was hoping to avoid having to buy a flash cart.

I'll have to wait a week or So until payday.

Syrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone want to RECCOMEND which flash cart I should get to use on my new 2dxl running 11.6.

I will have to use the ntrboot method from the guide above.

I was looking at the R4I B9S one.

I just wanted some input if they better ones than the one I've shared. It says that flash cart comes with ntrboot already flashed onto it, the desxription does anyway. Altjougg it says cannot run ds games. Will that be an issue? My main goal in doing all this is to be able to run PKSM or pokegen or whatever the current one is called now. I want to be able to gen pokes for trades, battle teams, ect. Any other ones to consider?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone want to RECCOMEND which flash cart I should get to use on my new 2dxl running 11.6.

I will have to use the ntrboot method from the guide above.

I was looking at the R4I B9S one.

I just wanted some input if they better ones than the one I've shared. It says that flash cart comes with ntrboot already flashed onto it, the desxription does anyway. Altjougg it says cannot run ds games. Will that be an issue? My main goal in doing all this is to be able to run PKSM or pokegen or whatever the current one is called now. I want to be able to gen pokes for trades, battle teams, ect. Any other ones to consider?
personally i recommend the Ace3DS X it has an external switch for ds mode and ntrboot . . . and it really does not matter which you get if you dont plan to play nds games (all the latest releases are 3ds games)

Syrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I'm Thinning about It, I would be interested in playing other 3ds games via Rom.
Would that effect which cart I want?

Also, would this assist me with adding homebrew.launcher?

Sorry for the questions but I have 0% knowledge of doing this on a 2dsxl,I did out cfw on my PSPs when I had them. If you don't want.to explain maybe links to articles would help?

I will look at that cart you just mentioned.
personally i recommend the Ace3DS X it has an external switch for ds mode and ntrboot . . . and it really does not matter which you get if you dont plan to play nds games (all the latest releases are 3ds games)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I'm Thinning about It, I would be interested in playing other 3ds games via Rom.
Would that effect which cart I want?
cfw (achived via ntrboot) allows 3ds roms (in .cia format) to be installed directly to the system . . . for nds roms you need a ds flashcard

Also, would this assist me with adding homebrew.launcher?
luma3ds (a popular cfw) has homebrew loader built in via a function called rosilina

Syrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw (achived via ntrboot) allows 3ds roms (in .cia format) to be installed directly to the system . . . for nds roms you need a ds flashcard

luma3ds (a popular cfw) has homebrew loader built in via a function called rosilina

Where would you RECCOMEND that I purchase this from? I have poor judgement sometimes and would like to receive a genuine one. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs