Homebrew CFW 3DS will not boot unless I am using the SD card I have put on it

ErsanDersan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's happening is that my N3DSXL has the problem where attempting to turn it on will just flash the blue light for a short time. Except, this doesn't happen with my SD card where all the CFW is, just when I remove it or use a different SD card. Is there any fix for this?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what's happening is that my N3DSXL has the problem where attempting to turn it on will just flash the blue light for a short time. Except, this doesn't happen with my SD card where all the CFW is, just when I remove it or use a different SD card. Is there any fix for this?
Ya, Its refered to completing the move luma3ds to ctrnand. Its a part of the guide and is recommended for if anything happens to the sd card.

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS

within the finalizing steps is what you want to get done to all console to boot without the sd card.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

ErsanDersan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, Its refered to completing the move luma3ds to ctrnand. Its a part of the guide and is recommended for if anything happens to the sd card.

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS

within the finalizing steps is what you want to get done to all console to boot without the sd card.
Aight thanks. I'll try later today. My 3DS has been CFWed for a while though, I've installed a few patches to games and custom wallpapers already, so maybe the data was corrupted a bit. If this works can I just delete the homebrew altogether without fear of bricking my system?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aight thanks. I'll try later today. My 3DS has been CFWed for a while though, I've installed a few patches to games and custom wallpapers already, so maybe the data was corrupted a bit. If this works can I just delete the homebrew altogether without fear of bricking my system?
If you are refering to the cfw altogether. You need to have it to be able to boot the boot.firm file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)