darky2003

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
my daughters 3ds sd card got broken so i had to swap the sd card with a new one and followed the guide on how to setup homebrew again through https://3ds.hacks.guide

The 3ds boots fine and even while holding start i see the godmode menu.
The only thing that doesn't seems to work is getting the sound exploit working! (to get the homebrew menu and the cia installer)

I already tried for an half hour but it just won't work.
(every time i retry i turn of the console)

Am i missing something?

i'm sure i have all the files on the sd and the correct soundhax version.
system ver 11.4.0-37E

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my daughters 3ds sd card got broken so i had to swap the sd card with a new one and followed the guide on how to setup homebrew again through https://3ds.hacks.guide

The 3ds boots fine and even while holding start i see the godmode menu.
The only thing that doesn't seems to work is getting the sound exploit working! (to get the homebrew menu and the cia installer)

I already tried for an half hour but it just won't work.
(every time i retry i turn of the console)

Am i missing something?

i'm sure i have all the files on the sd and the correct soundhax version.
system ver 11.4.0-37E
No! Stop. Your cfw is still there. Soundhax does not work on 11.4 or higher and you will not need it anyway.
Hold "Select" while booting to see the Luma version (on the top of the upper screen). In general you will have to repeat the finalizing part of the guide. Depending on the version you will have to do additional/different things:
  • If it is 7.0.5 or older, you still have arm9loaderhax and need to update to boot9strap like explained here: A9LH to B9S
  • Version 7.1 can indicate you have an older version B9S. In this case update to the latest version of B9S. Again, the guide: Updating B9S followed by the finalizing part.
To inject the Homebrew Launcher with Rosalina boot.3dsx must be present in the root of your SD.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: darky2003

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...