Homebrew CFW 10.3.0-28 U and cheat engine or the like?

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On your home menu you select an empty space and click create folder on the bottom of the touchscreen.

It's only to help you differentiate Emu and SysNAND though. Did you try what I said earlier?
I have no clue.

I don't even know what is going on any more -_- this whole thing is a mess and I feel like I should just use the sky3ds+(plus) and say fck this HBL stuff. It's been too much of a pain in the ass and nothing works in the packages provided by these "developers" if that's what we're calling them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Upgrading to 10.5 is probably just easier than this crap.

I feel like I'm way late to the party and the forums do no one a great service with the lack of ability to search for specifically a three letter acronym such as CFW or NTR etc.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying and this has literally been worse than pulling teeth and I do know quite a bit of the development - just on the Diablo II front of things.

So no need to get nasty with me - the devs are just not really doing anyone a favor in conjunction with having the full setup in one zip.

3dsx files - I have NONE - so I don't know where to get them or the other files you said I needed - I've looked and can't find them - over and over.
How do you not have them? Literally no one provides a Homebrew download without a .3dsx. That's like downloading the binaries for a Windows application without an .exe file. Download the starter kit HERE. If you don't see any .3dsx files in there, something is wrong with your computer or anti virus or something.

In your 3ds folder, make a folder called reinand, in that folder put the reinand.3dsx and reinand.smdh and THERE YOU GO. Now launch that and you'll be in the home menu in EmuNAND.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why you have a bunch of .SMDHs set up in your 3ds folder. All you should have for ReiNAND in the 3ds folder is the .3dsx and .smdh that come with the ReiNAND download in a folder titled reinand. Do that then just launch it from the HBL.

I'm heading to bed, it's 2:30 AM here. Good luck. It 's easy as pie.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think all of the other files are fine... I don't know where else they should be?

Made a folder in my main screen - non HBL - S

Re-added the starter kit again to the Root of the Emunand9 SD Card.

Opened my HBL through cubicninja - then ran menuhax - then tried ReiNand (built with devkitARM + libctru) - CRASH (black screen) Restart - tried to boot with my R + bottom right screen = no boot directly to it.

Then I went back to HBL through cubicninja

Am I going to load: REINAND CFW (Red Hair) - EmuNAND via Brahma2
REINAND CFW (Green Hair) - SysNAND via Brahma2

Or the ReiNand (build with devkitARM + libctru?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think all of the other files are fine... I don't know where else they should be?

*deep breath* In the first post of this thread, back on page one, there are links to every single file you could possibly need except for the firmware.bin. The OP's instructions are as clear and concise as anyone could ask for.

The bulk of your posts have been laced with contempt and annoyance with everyone else not spoon-feeding you all the answers...which are already there in the first post. Your dwindling patience is likely the cause of your issues as you probably need to go back and read over things with patience and attention to detail.

I, Shadowfied here, and others have very patiently answered your questions and provided tips and advice on how to get you up and running...only to be answered with more contempt and self-defeatist responses...

I won't start swearing at you for your attitude, but I will say that people are more likely to do what they can for you when you don't tell them they are wrong and that the information provided is wrong when there are over 100 pages in this thread and dozens upon dozens of people who managed to follow it with success. I, personally, have done this FOUR times without any issues short of a failed boot here and there which were quickly resolved using information from this thread.

EDIT: My bad, over a hundred pages in the big CFW thread. :P

EDIT2: This thread, in fact: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Last edited by 3DSPoet,
Reactions: Shadowfied

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*deep breath* In the first post of this thread, back on page one, there are links to every single file you could possibly need except for the firmware.bin. The OP's instructions are as clear and concise as anyone could ask for.

The bulk of your posts have been laced with contempt and annoyance with everyone else not spoon-feeding you all the answers...which are already there in the first post. Your dwindling patience is likely the cause of your issues as you probably need to go back and read over things with patience and attention to detail.

I, Shadowfied here, and others have very patiently answered your questions and provided tips and advice on how to get you up and running...only to be answered with more contempt and self-defeatist responses...

I won't start swearing at you for your attitude, but I will say that people are more likely to do what they can for you when you don't tell them they are wrong and that the information provided is wrong when there are over 100 pages in this thread and dozens upon dozens of people who managed to follow it with success. I, personally, have done this FOUR times without any issues short of a failed boot here and there which were quickly resolved using information from this thread.

EDIT: My bad, over a hundred pages in the big CFW thread. :P

EDIT2: This thread, in fact: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Cool - thanks for your input and unhelpful situation here - I've had quite a difficult time with mine - So, please as much as I appreciate your contempt for my thread which has had fruitless endeavor after fruitless endeavor - and only some tinkering here and there to fix the files that have had some issues - Please kindly keep your problems with me to yourself.

No need to turn this into a "flaming" war here.

We get it, you think you're smart - you think I'm dumb.

No need again if you're not being helpful to kick someone who has spent weeks trying to get this right. - This is the FIRST time I've EVER done something with a 3DS at all.

I've spent 20-30 hours trying to figure this thing out - I don't need you being a jerk, okay?

Thank you.

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this was a nice read. Seeing a lot of figures from the scene trying to help, but the OP unable to communicate his plead for help to even himself. I understand that notion. Knowing how to recieve help is pretty hard, but I will try to help here. The first step is learning what exactly is your problem. After that, you would have to review how it began. Breaking things is quite an easy feat, but knowing how they broke is part of the process of learning how to solve problems. With that said, keep your calm about it! I spent a week learning how to downgrade and setting up EmuNAND. That's more than 20-30 hours of just trying to get browserhax to work. That was also around the first week of this month, but I digress.

In the case of knowing how to run homebrew launcher, you must first learn its folder structure and what the term "root" means. The "3DS" folder goes inside the root of your SD card. Inside the 3ds folder, there goes a variety of other homebrew app folders. Within them are files that end with the ".3dsx" extention, along with another file of the same filename. So long as those are in 3DS folder, the first step would be finished. The next step is having the "boot.3dsx" on the root of the SD card, not inside the 3DS folder. Simply put, the contents of the "starter.zip" file have to be copied to the root, just let it replace whatever.

Now, to launch HBL, just find the method you can use with your current system firmware. If it is browserhax, know that THAT method has a high chance of not working/responding. If you're confident about your SD Card's file structure, just keep retrying until it boots up. A method that some say works is going to the wrench icon on the browser and tap on "Initialize Save Data", which wipes out all cache, cookies and other things that might be "interrupting" the process. Once that's done, you would retry as many times as you can until it works. And that's just for the browserhax method... Just say what else doesn't work. Go at it one step at a time, don't skip steps. Don't worry about the things you have yet to encounter.

Last edited by Yarott,
Reactions: MisterDragon2012

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this was a nice read. Seeing a lot of figures from the scene trying to help, but the OP unable to communicate his plead for help to even himself. I understand that notion. Knowing how to recieve help is pretty hard, but I will try to help here. The first step is learning what exactly is your problem. After that, you would have to review how it began. Breaking things is quite an easy feat, but knowing how they broke is part of the process of learning how to solve problems. With that said, keep your calm about it! I spent a week learning how to downgrade and setting up EmuNAND. That's more than 20-30 hours of just trying to get browserhax to work. That was also around the first week of this month, but I digress.

In the case of knowing how to run homebrew launcher, you must first learn its folder structure and what the term "root" means. The "3DS" folder goes inside the root of your SD card. Inside the 3ds folder, there goes a variety of other homebrew app folders. Within them are files that end with the ".3dsx" extention, along with another file of the same filename. So long as those are in 3DS folder, the first step would be finished. The next step is having the "boot.3dsx" on the root of the SD card, not inside the 3DS folder. Simply put, the contents of the "starter.zip" file have to be copied to the root, just let it replace whatever.

Now, to launch HBL, just find the method you can use with your current system firmware. If it is browserhax, know that THAT method has a high chance of not working. Just keep retrying until it boots up. A method that some say works is going to the wrench icon on the browser and tap on "Initialize Save Data", which wipes out all cache, cookies and other things that might be "interrupting" the process. Once that's done, you would retry as many times as you can until it works. And that's just for the browserhax method... Just say what else doesn't work. Go at it one step at a time, don't skip steps. Don't worry about the things you have yet to encounter.
THANK YOU!

I tried to explain this earlier, but it has been beyond difficult to do so.

I have used Browserhax to get me to menuhax now officially installed.

This guide helped me get back to where I started with the HBL successfully loading: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Themehax apparently is Menuhax now.

Menuhax is officially up and running - so I'm on 9.2.0.20 U with Menuhax officially working.

What is my next step here?

A.) install emuNAND9
B.) install ReiNAND
C.) install NTR

- Again my goal of the whole HBL is to enable editing of saves on the games that I run through sky3ds+(plus)

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THANK YOU!

I tried to explain this earlier, but it has been beyond difficult to do so.

I have used Browserhax to get me to menuhax now officially installed.

This guide helped me get back to where I started with the HBL successfully loading: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Themehax apparently is Menuhax now.

Menuhax is officially up and running - so I'm on 9.2.0.20 U with Menuhax officially working.

A.) install emuNAND9
B.) install ReiNAND
C.) install NTR

- Again my goal of the whole HBL is to enable editing of saves on the games that I run through sky3ds+(plus)

Well, I wouldn't know what to say about Sky3DS+, but for EMUNAND9 to work AT ALL, you really need to downgrade out of 10.x. Use the following guide after your done downgrading, which I think you already did:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Um, yours is a New 3DS, right? The guide works for all models, but the firmware.bin would need to correspond between one of the old and new models. Just ask for help on any further doubts, but do realize that you need to understand where/why/how/what you're failing on beforehand.

Last edited by Yarott,

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't know what to say about Sky3DS+, but for EMUNAND9 to work AT ALL, you really need to downgrade out of 10.x. Use the following guide after your done downgrading, which I think you already did:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Um, yours is a New 3DS, right? The guide works for all models, but the firmware.bin would need to correspond between one of the old and new models. Just ask for help on any further doubts, but do realize that you need to understand where/why/how/what you're failing on beforehand.
(At 9.2.0.20 U)

A.) install emuNAND9
B.) install ReiNAND
C.) install NTR

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You must first install FBI.cia to your sysNAND BEFORE creating EmuNAND, very important. As FBI is one of the tools you use for installing CIA files. For EmuNAND9, you need to follow the dumping instructions, as the other guide threads (like the one I posted earlier) mention. From "Other Options", select Dump sysNAND to NAND.bin. After that, back that file up! In fact, also back up the folder called "Nintendo 3DS", since that is where your account data is. It's just in case it gets deleted. When you get to the "creating Emunand" step, know that it will format your whole SD Card. Meaning, everything in it will be deleted, before it goes to the partition creation, and then dumping the nand into that partition. These steps are automatic once initiated, by the way. Once Emunand is created, select Dump emunand to EmuNAND.bin.

After all that, you would need to unlink your NANDs. This means that your sysNAND must lose your account data, so that your account only runs via EmuNAND. There are two ways:

- "Fomat System Data" from System Settings. (Not recommended, since this will make it impossible to relink via EmuNAND, due to your NNID being unlinked through Nintendo's servers)
- Install TinyFormat.cia to sysnand and run it. (This will format your account data from sysnand, but not though Nintendo's servers. Never lose that NAND.bin, as this is the only way to restore the link. Nintendo will think that it is still linked.)

Just so you know, doing either of the above will remove Menuhax, and you will need to reinstall it. That's because your system is running as a new user account, kinda. Another thing that you need to know: If your EmuNAND has Menuhax active (after setting up ReiNAND/Cakes/rxTools/Whatever), uninstall it from there by changing themes. Menuhax is only for sysnand level.

Tell me how it went for you after you're done with the above instructions, as I am just telling you things by my experience. As I said, you gotta read those other guides for more details on each step. Of course, I can try to detail them myself, but only if you do not comprehend them.

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must first install FBI.cia to your sysNAND BEFORE creating EmuNAND, very important. As FBI is one of the tools you use for installing CIA files. For EmuNAND9, you need to follow the dumping instructions, as the other guide threads (like the one I posted earlier) mention. From "Other Options", select Dump sysNAND to NAND.bin. After that, back that file up! In fact, also back up the folder called "Nintendo 3DS", since that is where your account data is. It's just in case it gets deleted. When you get to the "creating Emunand" step, know that it will format your whole SD Card. Meaning, everything in it will be deleted, before it goes to the partition creation, and then dumping the nand into that partition. These steps are automatic once initiated, by the way. Once Emunand is created, select Dump emunand to EmuNAND.bin.

After all that, you would need to unlink your NANDs. This means that your sysNAND must lose your account data, so that your account only runs via EmuNAND. There are two ways:

- "Fomat System Data" from System Settings. (Not recommended, since this will make it impossible to relink via EmuNAND, due to your NNID being unlinked through Nintendo's servers)
- Install TinyFormat.cia to sysnand and run it. (This will format your account data from sysnand, but not though Nintendo's servers. Never lose that NAND.bin, as this is the only way to restore the link. Nintendo will think that it is still linked.)

Just so you know, doing either of the above will remove Menuhax, and you will need to reinstall it. That's because your system is running as a new user account, kinda. Another thing that you need to know: If your EmuNAND has Menuhax active (after setting up ReiNAND/Cakes/rxTools/Whatever), uninstall it from there by changing themes. Menuhax is only for sysnand level.

Tell me how it went for you after you're done with the above instructions, as I am just telling you things by my experience. As I said, you gotta read those other guides for more details on each step. Of course, I can try to detail them myself, but only if you do not comprehend them.

http://imgur.com/yn0YOKK is what my SD Card looks like right at the moment.

So I have to get FBI installed first and functional? Correct?

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. The FBI download should come with its "3DS" folder and an "FBI.cia" file. As a rule of thumb, just make a folder, call it "CIA" or whatever you want, and make it a habit to store your CIA files you wish to install in the future inside it. You can even make multiple folders based on what each CIA file is about. Be it a homebrew app, a game, DLC, update, etc.

Just Install FBI.cia through the HBL version of FBI.

EDIT: Also, something to add. Be attentive to the onscreen control instructions of FBI. The L shoulder button switches "Destination", which is where your CIA will be installed in. NEVER install anything on the NAND Destination. That's only for certain CIA files. Always install to the "SD" destination. The R shoulder button switches the A button actions. Be it installing the CIA, deleting the CIA, uninstalling an app, or launching it. Same rule about Installing on the NAND Destination, NEVER delete ANYTHING on the NAND destination. That will brick your 3DS, no exceptions (well, except if what you're deleting from the NAND destination is something you installed in there by mistake).

Last edited by Yarott,

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The FBI download should come with its "3DS" folder and an "FBI.cia" file. As a rule of thumb, just make a folder, call it "CIA" or whatever you want, and make it a habit to store your CIA files you wish to install in the future inside it. You can even make multiple folders based on what each CIA file is about. Be it a homebrew app, a game, DLC, update, etc.

Just Install FBI.cia through the HBL version of FBI.

EDIT: Also, something to add. Be attentive to the onscreen control instructions of FBI. The L shoulder button switches "Destination", which is where your CIA will be installed in. NEVER install anything on the NAND Destination. That's only for certain CIA files. Always install to the "SD" destination. The R shoulder button switches the A button actions. Be it installing the CIA, deleting the CIA, uninstalling an app, or launching it. Same rule about Installing on the NAND Destination, NEVER delete ANYTHING on the NAND destination. That will brick your 3DS, no exceptions (well, except if what you're deleting from the NAND destination is something you installed in there by mistake).
K I tried to add the most recent version of FBI to the 3DS - I ran into a hiccup apparently...

This is what I did verbatim - extracted the contents of the FBI zip file 1.4.17 to my SD card, then tried to run it - it flashed through a few things, then black screen after green, yellow, white, maybe red? - then stuck on black.

So I rebooted - now FBI installer is on.

FBI 1.4.17 successfully working.

Now what do you recommend I do?

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FBI runs through Homebrew Launcher, right? But did you installed the FBI.cia file through the HBL version? To do that, you'd need to run it in CFW mode, something like Pasta/Mini-Pasta, Cakes, whatever you like to use should do that. Once it does its thing, go back to HBL (if Menuhax is still active, keep holding the button that places you inside HBL), and then choose FBI from there. Now, browse through your SD files and find where you placed your FBI.cia, and install it. Once that's done, go to your sysnand home screen and check if FBI is there (do this while still in CFW mode via Pasta/Cakes/Whatever). If FBI is on your home screen, then you're done with this step, and you should go directly to the EMUNAND9 steps.

MisterDragon2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI runs through Homebrew Launcher, right? But did you installed the FBI.cia file through the HBL version? To do that, you'd need to run it in CFW mode, something like Pasta/Mini-Pasta, Cakes, whatever you like to use should do that. Once it does its thing, go back to HBL (if Menuhax is still active, keep holding the button that places you inside HBL), and then choose FBI from there. Now, browse through your SD files and find where you placed your FBI.cia, and install it. Once that's done, go to your sysnand home screen and check if FBI is there (do this while still in CFW mode via Pasta/Cakes/Whatever). If FBI is on your home screen, then you're done with this step, and you should go directly to the EMUNAND9 steps.
It doesn't install...

Install Failed!
FBI.cia
Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, you need to run a CFW app first. The reason why that error happened is due to the signature bit. CFW bypasses that check. Use Mini Pasta, since it is simpler for you to use, which is attached on this post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/#post-5756850

Running it will reboot the 3DS, so make sure you press the button that allows you to enter HBL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head