Hacking CFG wont load Usb?

KaranBharaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hiya guys, ok so about 6 moths ago i bought a 32gb Lexar usb and used it to load my games using cfg v70 on a 4.3u Wii (softmoded). All is well till today when i loaded a game to the usb from my pc and then connected it to the wii. When i open cfg, a screen pops up saying unable to mount usb, retrying and a list of actions occur. I tried changing my usb to a lexar 1gb and that worked, but why doesnt my 32gb load? please help!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Make sure the USB drive on is Port0. If the Wii is horizontal, it's the bottom one. If the Wii is vertical and you're looking at the back, it's the right one.
2) Make sure that if the drive is FAT32 formatted, there is no file bigger than 4GB on it.
3) If the drive is NTFS, there is nothing to worry about.
4) If the drive is WBFS, get with the times and choose either FAT32 or NTFS. I'd go with FAT32.

Try all those and report back, sergeant!

KaranBharaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
1) Make sure the USB drive on is Port0. If the Wii is horizontal, it's the bottom one. If the Wii is vertical and you're looking at the back, it's the right one.
2) Make sure that if the drive is FAT32 formatted, there is no file bigger than 4GB on it.
3) If the drive is NTFS, there is nothing to worry about.
4) If the drive is WBFS, get with the times and choose either FAT32 or NTFS. I'd go with FAT32.

Try all those and report back, sergeant!
Im using WBFS b/c of the small file sizes, but that shouldnt matter since i have been using WBFS since my 32 gb has been working

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just back up any games you wanna save, then use Windows (or Linux if you use it) to format the whole stick to FAT32.

The games should be in .wbfs format; most WBFS managers can do this, and CFG can rip the games straight to this format.

Also, since it's now FAT32, you can pull some CFG trickery to run the entire USB loader from the USB stick!

KaranBharaj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just back up any games you wanna save, then use Windows (or Linux if you use it) to format the whole stick to FAT32.

The games should be in .wbfs format; most WBFS managers can do this, and CFG can rip the games straight to this format.

Also, since it's now FAT32, you can pull some CFG trickery to run the entire USB loader from the USB stick!

didnt work =( still does not mount?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.