CFG USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by EmbraceFiction, Dec 28, 2010.

Dec 28, 2010

CFG USB Loader by EmbraceFiction at 1:49 PM (1,986 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Member EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello all;

I just wanted to make a quick post; to ask the community about my problem with this USB Loader.
    First of all, this is the only loader that works best for me, but I am happy for that. I really like this loader, and I want to continue using this loader as well.

Well, recently I updated to cIOSx r21, but ever since than, I have been having a few problems. I used to have cIOSx r19, but I seen there was a new update, and well, I wanted to test it out.

I have Hermes cIOS v4, so I am still able to load most games, though it bothers me that I cannot use ios 249 for barely any games.
    When I go into the global settings, it gives my specifications:

(IOS 249) r21
    Base IOS : ?? DI: 57

I really have no idea what this means, but there was a Base IOS before I installed r21.
    I didn't change any of the values when I ran the r21 installer, it recommended that I should keep them at default.

I used Network Installation, because I have a network connection; and it is the easiest method of doing so.

I now use 222-mload; but should I update to Hermes v5.1?

Is there any way of fixing the problem with IOS 249?

Thanks all;

-EF.

P.S - I installed the following in total:

-All from the 4.3 Hack -
    Hermes- cIOS202[60]-v5.1 for WiiMC
    Hermes- cIOS222[38]-v4, cIOS223[37-38]-v4, cIOS224[57]-v5.1
    Wanikoko- cIOS247[37]-v20, cIOS248[56]-v20, cIOS249[38]-v17, cIOS250[57]-v20

-IOS 38 - r17 (from a separate tutorial)
    -cIOSx r21 (separate tutorial)

2. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    What exactly is the problem, do the games not work at all?
    Or it just bothers you that the base is not reported?
    rev21 is new and base detection for that has not been added yet, but it should work anyway since the printed base is just informational..
    Which base did you install? 58? If that doesn't work for you then try some other base like 56 or go back to rev20...

3. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada

When using CFG USB Loader;

I try running the games using IOS 249, but I always get a (DSI) Dump, leaving me to wait for another 60 seconds just to reload.
    When installing r21; I just picked the default value, it said that the default would be the recommended IOS to install to my console.
    Though, I'm pretty sure that it was base 58. In the options panel, it says DI: 57, I really am not sure of what that means.

I still am pretty certain about the IOS 58 as base though.

When do you expect CFG USB Loader to be ready to use IOS 249 (r21) again?

EDIT:
    This is the installer I used; and I read the instructions carefully. It installed fine, and I didn't change the base ios from the default option.
    http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html

EDIT2:
    I just booted up the installer again, and re-installed it to try and fix the problem. I looked at what base it used.. it used IOS58 as a base, and thats what it reinstalled as well.

EDIT3:
    After I re-installed it using BASE IOS58, It seemed to work fine for a little bit, but them it froze; I had to restart the system. I was testing Animal Crossing: City Folk.

4. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Rather than keep adding edits;

I am just going to post it here.

I have installed r21 using IOS58; which was the recommended base. I installed it with IOS249, and I picked IOS249 before I picked Network Installation. It then installed successfully.

I still can use m-load 222 for my games; So I will just have to wait for an update to support r21.

5. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    I'll just have to repeat:

If that (base 58) doesn't work for you then try some other base like 56 or go back to rev20...

6. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Oh..

I'm sorry I didn't realize what you were saying.
    I heard that base 57 allows for faster USB Loading,
    I will give that a try, and post here how it goes.

Sorry for the mis-understanding, and thanks for the advice.

7. bjorno

Member bjorno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Ok here comes a super advice. Install ciosx rev 21 base 56 into ios 249 then re-run the installation and install ciosx rev 21 base 57 into ios 250.
    Now set CFG use ios 249 for all games, and for some games choose ios 250 like call of duty black ops.

Goodluck

8. EmbraceFiction
    OP

Canada
    Excellent advice;

Though all of my games are currently working. I installed cIOSx rev21 base 57 into ios 249. I have no more freezing, and the games all work faster, surprisingly. All the load times are faster, and among other things.