Cfg Usb Loader - Stuck on "Booting wii game, please wait..."

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fued, Jun 11, 2011.

1. fued
    OP

Newcomer fued Newbie

United States
    Hi, ive been trying to get this to work for hours and am coming up with nothing. I followed GAF's tutorials (http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249) and have cfg usb loader installed. However when i load games i get stuck on the "Booting wii game, please wait..."

I have tried changing the IOS that the game boots from - mainly 248, 249, 222-mload, and 223 m-load. They all end in the same way. Im booting games from .wbfs files off of a FAT32 drive.

Can anyone give me some help? Thanks

UPDATE: in the meta.xml for the usb loader i changed a line to "ios=247." I got a game to boot. Then i tried another and the same problem. After trying a few times i only got games to boot about half of the time. But i realized that when they did boot, the default music was playing in the background and it was not playing when they failed

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    What do you mean with that? You hear the game music but you don't have a picture? Maybe your TV don't support the video mode from the game? Do you have the latest cfg version? Oh and you should use the d2x IOSes, read how to install it here. If you installed it you should remove the ios=247 from the meta.xml.

3. fued
    OP

Newcomer fued Newbie

United States
    Ive had some luck by reinstalling Hermes' IOS and installing v69-222 instead. This time i changed the meta.xml to IOS = 224-mload.
    Also what i meant by the music is tetris.mp3 will sometimes play. The game music will always play.

Im going to give the d2x a try next. Do you have a suggestion for which slots to install them to and what base to use?

Also are you saying to completely get rid of that ios=X line in the xml altogether?
    Thanks

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Completely remove it.

5. fued
    OP

Newcomer fued Newbie

United States
    Thanks, everything seems to be working!