Homebrew CFG USB Loader: GC Games showing up DIOS MIOS logo screen then black screen after.

Coolized0120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The title says it all,

I'm using a FAT32 Hard Drive and since it's my first time emulating gamecube games on a wii, I need help.
I installed DIOS MIOS v2.9 and Nintendont and Devolution but none of it seems to work..

My homebrew channel is version: 1.0.8 running on IOS61
I have installed IOS58 and used NUS Downloader but I don't actually know how to make it run on IOS58.
I have a SD Card but no reader. I don't know how the Hackmii thing works.

Can anyone please help?

(ps. I can't run USB Loader GX cause' it's getting stuck from the Intializing USB Device thing and I've tried wiiflow but the GC section is not there.)

Edit: I got GC Games to work. I used WiiFlow and I finally saw the GC Section after messing around with the settings. I used Nintendont to load the game (Super Smash Bros Melee) and it worked. This thread is solved or something.

Last edited by Coolized0120,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to put things on the SD card somehow.

1. You need to reinstall the HBC so it switches to IOS58. Your version is rather old, too. 1.1.2 is the latest official release.
2. DM 2.9 is old. 2.11 was the last version, however it's not worth using it at all anymore. Nintendont is far superior.
3. Getting stuck at USB initialization on USB Loader GX generally happens when you're using a flash drive or incompatible HDD.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you use a Hard drive or Flash Drive to update HBC??

It should update itself if you have an internet connection disabled. You can get the installer from here and put it on your usb drive in an /apps/ folder and run it from the old HBC, too. Just copy boot.elf to "/apps/whatever/". It won't have an icon in the HBC.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the boot.elf thing you just sent me but I don't see it showing on Homebrew

Did you put it in a subfolder in an folder called "apps" on your USB drive? You also need to change the HBC to look on USB instead of SD. (The 1 or 2 button does that.) If it still doesn't see it your USB drive might either not be MBR/FAT32 or is just not compatible.

Coolized0120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes, I put it on a subfolder in apps.
It looks on USB automatically
if it is not compatible, i might just need to buy a sd card reader :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE