CFG USB Loader Channel - Timeout?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Dravial, Mar 20, 2011.

Mar 20, 2011
  1. Dravial
    OP

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    Using both of the official cfg usb loader channels (regular and alternate via the official cfg channel post, v9). I experience the following:
    1. Boot Wii
    2. Click on channel forwarder to load, and either cfg loads after a few seconds -or- after a few more seconds I am returned to system menu.
    What it appears to be is almost as if the operation times out, maybe it takes too long for the hd to spin? find the file? and returns to wii menu. I can tell you it NEVER happens twice in a row. If it returns once, the next selection will boot cfg. I also do not recall this happening until I had over 150 games on the wbfs partition. I don't think it's a serious issue as much as it is an annoyance, and I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and/or knows of a fix.
    Some basic info I am on 4.2U with d2x cIOS running the channel from a 32 GB FAT drive and the games on a 800GB wbfs drive (almost 200 games).

[EDIT] Well no one is responding... Might I add it is not a small passport or laptop style drive, it has its own power source (wall plug in) so I did not think it would be subject to spin down... If I missed this subject in another thread, please let me know or please move my post.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  3. Dravial
    OP

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    I have tried v9b, first attempt worked - it loaded first try, I will Edit this post after a few more tries and let you know. Thanks again!

[EDIT] After a weeks worth of tries, and no fails, I think we have a winner! This loader is working great now. Thanks for all your hard work with this and everything else you do.