Hacking CFG not playing Wii ISOs

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to set up my usb loader to play downloaded gamecube roms a few days ago and that has been working more or less flawlessly since then. Today I attempted to get it to play wii isos with little success. I formatted my external hd with a FAT32 and a WBFS partition to put the wii games on. I downloaded 2 different isos and tried using both Witgui and WiiJManager (I'm a mac user btw) to transfer the isos to the WBFS partition but nothing seemed to work properly. I have an Okami iso that won't transfer at all and a The Last Story iso that transfers but will give me a dsi error when loaded on cfg loader and a black screen when loaded on usb loader gx. Any ideas or suggestions on this issue?

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a WBFS folder? Did you convert the Wii ISO's to wbfs format and then transfer them to the wbfs folder? And did you download WiiFlow and try The Last Story in there? Wii Backup Fusion will convert your files to wbfs format, but I'm not sure if you can get that on a MAC. Oh, and don't forget to read the forum rules, seeing as how you're a super new user. Kudos if you already have, though.

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading Wii backup fusion right now for mac to convert the last story. Oddly enough, Okami was already in wbfs format when i downloaded it but refused to transfer to the wbfs partition with the witgui or wiijmanager. I'm going to give this a try real fast and I'll post the results

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
... I formatted my external hd with a FAT32 and a WBFS partition to put the wii games on...

you dont need a wbfs partition for games. just format your drive to fat32. i personally use WiiBackupManager (dunno if theres a mac version) for adding games to my WBFS folder.

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Wii backup fusion did the trick. The Last Story was instantly recognized by CFG usb loader. If the drive doesnt need to have a wbfs partion, then thats even better, since from my experience macs don't like to recognize that they even exist. I'm going to try to make the whole thing fat32 and see if fusion recognizes the drive and if not, i'll check to see if there is a wiibackupmanager mac version.

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried reformatting my external hd to Fat32 and created a wbfs folder inside to see if wii backup fusion would recognize the drive, but no luck. I looked for a mac version of wiibackup manager but couldn't find one. Anybody know of something that can transfer wbfs files to a fat32 on a mac?

mattyblueeyes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to keep posting new questions, but I keep getting new problems. I got Okami to transfer to my external (its under 4gb), but I know that fat32s don't usually like to deal with anything over 4gb on it. I split The Last Story wbfs(5.22 gb) in wii backup fusion, but the result comes out to still be over 4gb and it doesn't seem to want to transfer. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse