Certain VC games overwrite others?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by naijan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. naijan
    OP

naijan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Hello all,

I cannot seem to have both Donkey Kong Junior, & Zelda: A Link to the past installed on my wii (through wads ...), one seems to completely overwrite the other; depending on which was last installed. It seems to overwrite the tickets, as well - as when trying to uninstall one, it says it simply isn't there.

I haven't had any other problems, I'm able to install others - just those 2 seem to conflict, perhaps they share the same ID? Either that, or you can only install 4 snes games? As I've only tried another N64 game ontop of it, I guess that's the next step ...

If you need release-specific information, let me know; & I can fish through the bin [​IMG]

Both are PAL, as well.

2. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I don't know about that, but I have about 10 N64 games on my Wii. LTTP may just use a modified version of DKJ's ticket. I read of someone doing that.

3. defrb

defrb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Same here Naijan, Zelda overwrites dk jr, but i really hate dk jr so it was not a real problem ;D

But i can confirm this is true ^^

4. supagusti

supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    I can also confirm that issue.
    You also can't backup both games on a single SD card. Both files want to write to \private\wii\title\FABP
    FABP is the original Name of DonkeyKongJr. So someone made an mistake on packing Zelda.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice