Certain Games Produce Black Screen After Region Change

nachoez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently modded my Japanese 3ds XL and changed the region to US. Almost everything is working except for a few games (CIAs installed with FBI) that just go to a black screen after launching them.

I tried using the Luma Locale switcher (game patching enabled in luma menu), but that didn’t work. I also tried using a Japanese CIA, also didn’t work. The games I’m having trouble with are Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros, all other games work fine.

If someone could help that would be great, thanks.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently modded my Japanese 3ds XL and changed the region to US. Almost everything is working except for a few games (CIAs installed with FBI) that just go to a black screen after launching them.

I tried using the Luma Locale switcher (game patching enabled in luma menu), but that didn’t work. I also tried using a Japanese CIA, also didn’t work. The games I’m having trouble with are Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros, all other games work fine.

If someone could help that would be great, thanks.
Seems like extended memory mode games. The guide says to system format a newly region changed console. Had you done that? Or skipped it?

If you have not. Look into JKSM or checkpoint to backup any gamesave data you have and care about. If there aint. Then you wont need to worry of that.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: GUEDES_et_al

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)