Certain Danganronpa games to be de-listed from the PlayStation Store

fixingcharysSIN.png

As Danganronpa celebrates its 10th anniversary, not every announcement has been a positive one. Announced by NIS America today was a notice regarding some of the Danganronpa games released on both the PlayStation Vita and the PlayStation 4. The publisher claims that certain Danganronpa games "will no longer be available for purchase from NIS America" soon, and that they will be pulled from sale. The PlayStation Vita releases of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Killing Harmony, and Ultra Despair Girls are to be removed from sale, with the first game, Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls the first of which to be taken down, on August 31, 2020.

While no actual reason was given as to why these games are being de-listed, the most likely cause is related to the rights to publish the series. Barring the mobile and Steam versions of the games, NIS America localized and published Danganronpa franchise titles, until Spike Chunsoft opened its own western publishing studio. However, despite the fact that Danganronpa 1.2 Reload, a collection of the first two games, was also published by NIS America, it isn't included in the list of games that will be removed.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair will be pulled on September 4th, while Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony will be delisted for both PS4 and PSV on September 25th. Whether these games will be re-released or re-published on the same platforms through Spike Chunsoft in North America and Europe is yet to be announced.

:arrow: Source

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's visual novelish like Phoenix Wright, but sillier and not as good.
sillier?? Phoneix wright literally has a girl whipping a fucking lawyer in court, and a guy throwing coffee at exact same lawyer in the same court. Danganronpa is way more serious

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beyondchristie.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm what kind of games are these? And Are those bears? That one looks scary. :ninja:

It's like Ace Attorney. The mystery format is more traditional Golden Age-styled mystery, and the games allow you to fully solve every case (culprit + methods) prior to the trial. However the cluing is weak, overly physical so as to not promote interesting lines of deduction, and overclued, making the challenge of figuring them out early pretty nonsatisfying.

There's only a small handful of 3 cases I consider to be worthwhile mysteries out of 16. But it may be worth checking out if you have little experience with Golden Age-styled puzzle mysteries.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like Ace Attorney. The mystery format is more traditional Golden Age-styled mystery, and the games allow you to fully solve every case (culprit + methods) prior to the trial. However the cluing is weak, overly physical so as to not promote interesting lines of deduction, and overclued, making the challenge of figuring them out early pretty nonsatisfying.

There's only a small handful of 3 cases I consider to be worthwhile mysteries out of 16. But it may be worth checking out if you have little experience with Golden Age-styled puzzle mysteries.
Well I mean, least it not require some ridiculous thought process that is leaps and bounds out of common mind set right? Is not like some games that breaks its own self established rules, trying to be unique by turning things upside down on the head. :blink:

Just was curious if I should give it attention before it's gone from digital realm abyss. Those bears still look terrifying... not to mention I don't think Spike has a good track record as of late. :ninja:

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well I mean, least it not require some ridiculous thought process that is leaps and bounds out of common mind set right? Is not like some games that breaks its own self established rules, trying to be unique by turning things upside down on the head. :blink:

Just was curious if I should give it attention before it's gone from digital realm abyss. Those bears still look terrifying... not to mention I don't think Spike has a good track record as of late. :ninja:

Funny enough, rule-breaking is regularly at play as a plot point.

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So this is a game where I don't stand a chance off winning without a guide. Okay, that's enticing. I suppose :blink:

No lol. It's fully clued. If nothing else, it's a bit TOO clued. It's a linear game and you solve a mystery with narrative prompts so you should never be lost.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...maybe I should add these to my Steam library soon. After all, if it's getting pulled from the PS4 store, who's to say the Steam version's safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all